Class of 2015 - JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 JUCO OLB Ted Taylor (KS) Signed LOI

Why don't we all wait until we get him on campus to see what he can do. I also liked his film and didn't really see where he wasn't wrapping up on his tackles. If you played football you would know when you put a big hit on a running back or wide receiver you don't always have to wrap up. Example - DD's hit on Rutgers RB two years ago. No wrap up needed.
However, we have had some players on the team in the last few years thst don't hit hard or wrap up which led to big plays and touchdowns.

I always complained about our staff not offering any JUCO recruits earlier in the process, but it didn't happen. I like giving this kid a chance regardless that he lacks any other offers. Maybe he has something to prove to all of us.

anomander, so you trust the staff on bringing in Womack super late in the process, who slipped through the cracks, because it matches your own personal philosophy of bringing in high school guys over JUCO's? But then you don't trust the staff in bringing in Taylor super late in the process, only because he's a JUCO who's slipped through the cracks, instead of a high school guy who has? It's just interesting to me that instead of just the analysis of a player's potential and skill on the field, you are seemingly bashing the staff on a personal philosophical difference, i.e. it does not match up with how you think the roster should be constructed (it seems clear you are not a JUCO route fan). It is the 85th of 85 scholarships, I am really struggling to see why you would prefer to leave that scholarship open. It's a 2 year investment, if it works out great... I hope this kid goes off and shocks the world. If not, I don't see much if any negative impact on the Syracuse Orange. Give him a chance to shine and we'll see what happens

Gentlemen. We are thinking too much into this. I like Mr Taylor. Long athletic LB that shows good things on film. Juco's players are different when it comes to recruiting. They dont necessarily have to have a large offer sheet to determine value. The staff feel like he fits a need so that's all that matters. In my opinion the Alyrk Perry kid didnt pan out so the staff brought this kid in to crack the two deep. It allows more flexibility in their packages also. I also think its interesting how Malik Brown h.s. teammate that played on the other side of him ended up at Cuse and he didnt. Hard work pays off. If he keeps working hard he will be starting one day. Im rooting for the kid.

You've been increasingly defensive and argumentative ever since the NCAA stuff didn't go the way you suggested it would. Unfortunately, your behavior is what's REALLY exhausting--for the vast majority of the board.

As for my "peanut gallery" -- who might that be? People who think critically instead of just blindly accepting everything that you say as gosepl on every topic?

Unsubscribe.

I'm going to take cuse legacy's advice and take the high road, because honestly--engaging with you when you're actively trolling for a fight is a poinless waste of time.

The same people who liked your post.

And last time I checked the NCAA stuff went exactly how I suggested it would. You just like to beat the out of that already dead horse.

anomander said:
The same people who liked your post. And last time I checked the NCAA stuff went exactly how I suggested it would. You just like to beat the . . . . out of that already dead horse.
if u have kids now would be a good time to play or talk to them

fellas stroll down to 2012-13 high school highlights. Each game is listed. Click and watch. He looks as good or better than former commit Malik Brown. Very good off the edge. He gained alot of muscle since then. He probably fell under the radar in h.s. because he wasnt a qualifier. He is another Dwyer kid on the roster. Great Pipeline to have.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/917095/highlights

Too many personal vendettas to keep track of on this board anymore apperently
images

The same people who liked your post.

And last time I checked the NCAA stuff went exactly how I suggested it would. You just like to beat the . . . . out of that already dead horse.

With the exception of you getting all of the details about how things would unfold and every eventual outcome wrong, your predictions were spot on.

Other than that, how'd you enjoy the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

I would argue that b/c the cupboard appears to be full at LB (Zaire, Moskal, Thomas, Bennett, Hodge, Cullen, Henderson, etc.) it allows you to take a bit of a project to see if he develops, especially given position needs within the backer core.

Most JUCO's recruited by this staff have seen time on the field. Even if he plays specials as a true frosh and saves a redshirt for a 2015 or 2016 LBer (depending if he redshirts himself), its worth it.

Here's another thing to remember: at least we're taking a chance on an athlete who, if worst comes to worst, can be a special teams contributor. At least we aren't taking a risk on a QB.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of late add JUCOs generally, but if you're going to do it picking up a db or lb that can possibly make specials better is the way to go. Way better than say, an OL reach or something.

fellas stroll down to 2012-13 high school highlights. Each game is listed. Click and watch. He looks as good or better than former commit Malik Brown. Very good off the edge. He gained alot of muscle since then. He probably fell under the radar in h.s. because he wasnt a qualifier. He is another Dwyer kid on the roster. Great Pipeline to have.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/917095/highlights

Ok here is the thing that stuck out to me. On the "season highlights" page, and the page next to it, in over 9 minutes of highlights there is literally only 1 play (5:47 mark of 2 page) where he had to shed a block to make a tackle. Everything else was literally all free runs to the ball carrier. Now he looks like an average tackler, but he had the tendency to try and submarine guys like db's do. What else is there to like?

Yeah, I'm not a fan of late add JUCOs generally, but if you're going to do it picking up a db or lb that can possibly make specials better is the way to go. Way better than say, an OL reach or something.
Plus, I'm sure the coaches will figure out how he fits into the plan, and if need be, he'll be 2 to play 2. Not a long-term risk to the roster balance.

Another positive about this signing is that it keeps the S FL and specifically Dwyer pipeline open for another couple years. I bet Shafer earned some good points with the Dwyer coaches.

Who knows, we may also have opened some new pipeline to the talent rich Kansas Juco market too.

jekelish said:
WILL is the one most often asked to go into pass coverage. SAM lines up opposite the tight end, and is asked to stop the run more than the WILL typically is. In the simplest terms, the WILL is your fastest backer and will cover RBs and so forth out of the backfield, the SAM is pretty much only going to cover TEs because he's not as fast, but he's stronger.

Thanks!

Ok here is the thing that stuck out to me. On the "season highlights" page, and the page next to it, in over 9 minutes of highlights there is literally only 1 play (5:47 mark of 2 page) where he had to shed a block to make a tackle. Everything else was literally all free runs to the ball carrier. Now he looks like an average tackler, but he had the tendency to try and submarine guys like db's do. What else is there to like?
Most high school LB's dont know how to shed blocks. Especially if you are playing stand up DE/OLB which Taylor does. I work on shed blocks with all my defensive players throughout the year and they still dont do it or dont do it correctly during the games. Im sure he learned how to shed blocks at Dodge CC. We will see

Reactions: CIL
money3189 said:
Most high school LB's dont know how to shed blocks. Especially if you are playing stand up DE/OLB which Taylor does. I work on shed blocks with all my defensive players throughout the year and they still dont do it or dont do it correctly during the games. Im sure he learned how to shed blocks at Dodge CC. We will see

I'm talking about his Dodge highlights

Why can't people express their opinions about a player's ability and how he projects as a D1 player? No one is expressing any ill will toward the kid and these evaluations are just part of being a fan of the program and exercising some critical judgment which do not have to be mutually exclusive. Why are conflicting ideas considered so threatening and inappropriate? Why did Alan Bloom have to be so right about "the closing of the American mind?"

Not a good thread for you here anomander, your hand wringing, and whining about a guy that was brought in for what looks like depth and specials is really a bit ridiculous. Back in the day, when I was really stirring it up, I would take a gentleman's self imposed ban after exhibiting similar behavior. I recommend you consider it, does a lot of good for the individual.