Class of 2018 - JUCO WR Antonio Gibson (MS) Verbal to Memphis | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 JUCO WR Antonio Gibson (MS) Verbal to Memphis

Antonio Gibson's senior H.S. year film and frosh Juco film indicate he would be a tremendous get, IMO, for the NEW FAST. They show he can catch anything within his reach and after he gets it no one can catch him. Very Atta Emba-Tawo like speed although he's listed as a 4.5 looks like he's faster than that, 6'2"-194.

Jersey #: 4
  • Positions: WR
  • Height & Weight: 6'2" 194lbs
  • 40 Yard Dash: 4.5
  • Vertical: 33
  • Bench: 250
  • Squat(LBS): 425
  • Deadlift(LBS): 375

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is really good and could fill a huge void with Steve, Erv, and Custis leaving. He is tweeting a storm about cuse right now. Y'all should show him love... @AntonioGibson14

Custis? Is he on the 3 year accelerated degree program?

Why? He gets PT now... Unless he gets passed by a bunch of RS freshman - he'll be contributing as a senior
Ding, ding, ding...

I want to like Custis as a player; but, he will drop 2 gimme passes to every 1 circus catch...

Ding, ding, ding...

I want to like Custis as a player; but, he will drop 2 gimme passes to every 1 circus catch...

He’s played in 3 of 7 games this season, none last year. I know enough about Babers to know he’s not hitting the field unless he’s been producing in practice.

If he were so bad, Butler would take the job.

This guy is really good and could fill a huge void with Steve, Erv, and Custis leaving. @AntonioGibson14
If he’s “really good” then why isn’t the offer sheet more impressive? Just asking.

He’s played in 3 of 7 games this season, none last year. I know enough about Babers to know he’s not hitting the field unless he’s been producing in practice.

If he were so bad, Butler would take the job.
FYI, Custis hurt his shoulder in the 3rd quarter of the Middle Tennessee State game and only recently became healthy enough to resume playing.

He red-shirted last season after suffering a serious ankle injury early in the season.

FYI, Custis hurt his shoulder in the 3rd quarter of the Middle Tennessee State game and only recently became healthy enough to resume playing.

He red-shirted last season after suffering a serious ankle injury early in the season.

Thanks. Yeah - I should have given more detail.

The fact that he returned to the field and the Butler didn't run away with it furthers my point. He's still in play for taking the job this season - or competing for a starting spot next year. I'm not ready to write him off yet.

Other than his size, Custis has never wowed me. Maybe it's the injuries that seem to strike him. Maybe it's his inconsistency on the field. I'd love to seem him blossom into a dominant receiver. I haven't written him off, but I don't expect much from him either. I just assumed he wouldn't be around next year. I forgot that he redshirted last year. I'd love for him to step up and prove me wrong.

Other than his size, Custis has never wowed me. Maybe it's the injuries that seem to strike him. Maybe it's his inconsistency on the field. I'd love to seem him blossom into a dominant receiver. I haven't written him off, but I don't expect much from him either. I just assumed he wouldn't be around next year. I forgot that he redshirted last year. I'd love for him to step up and prove me wrong.

Some guys make a major jump from soph to junior year as the game really slows down for them. The injury this season has really clouded what his progression really is.

He's got all the physical tools. Really both him and Enoicy have them and to see such little production out of both is unfortunate.

Through 3 seasons, him and Enoicy combined have 112 yards receiving and 1 TD.