Class of 2016 - JUCO WR Datrin Guyton JR (IA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 JUCO WR Datrin Guyton JR (IA) Offered

Talk about a weird rule. So if you want to transfer and play right away, get in trouble!

I wrote about that in the Qaadir Sheppard thread. Funny how he gets booted for failing multiple drug tests but could end up at an SEC school.

I wrote about that in the Qaadir Sheppard thread. Funny how he gets booted for failing multiple drug tests but could end up at an SEC school.
As I said it that thread, it's no different than if he were to just transfer to an SEC school. It's not like there's a benefit to him for getting kicked off the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...football-player-sues-ncaa-over-transfer-rules

"The lead plaintiff is former cornerback Devin Pugh, who claims that one year after his Weber State head coach left, the new coach decided in 2012 not to renew his scholarship. Pugh says three FBS schools -- Colorado, Colorado State and Troy -- offered him a scholarship, but it was contingent on his ability to play two more years. The offers were rescinded because NCAA rules required him to sit out one year and Pugh was denied a hardship waiver to play immediately."

Talk about a weird rule. So if you want to transfer and play right away, get in trouble!
The reason Guyton would be eligible is because he transferred from Oregon St to JUCO for this current year. So there would be a year in between his 2 FBS years. From FBS to FBS you have to sit out a year, but he went down to JUCO after initially being full qualifier then can transfer back to FBS after a year has been completed whether he graduates from JUCO or not assuming academics are in order.

As I said it that thread, it's no different than if he were to just transfer to an SEC school. It's not like there's a benefit to him for getting kicked off the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...football-player-sues-ncaa-over-transfer-rules

"The lead plaintiff is former cornerback Devin Pugh, who claims that one year after his Weber State head coach left, the new coach decided in 2012 not to renew his scholarship. Pugh says three FBS schools -- Colorado, Colorado State and Troy -- offered him a scholarship, but it was contingent on his ability to play two more years. The offers were rescinded because NCAA rules required him to sit out one year and Pugh was denied a hardship waiver to play immediately."
I think the NCAA loses that case. The new 4 year scholarships help the NCAA's case going forward, I think.

I think the NCAA loses that case. The new 4 year scholarships help the NCAA's case going forward, I think.
I think so too. If there is any justice they will. I was just using this as an example for the poster who thinks a player doesn't have to sit a year if they get kicked out of school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom