Judah Mintz Summer Update | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Judah Mintz Summer Update

These are sweet thoughts and all but if he has a good year and stays its all about the NIL. That's the best tool available now.
NIL brought a lot of talent back, including most of UNC and the NPOY. Hopefully Judah gets good deals right away. It's a perfect tool for college stars who are 2nd rounders or guys who otherwise would be in the g-league for a while.

Or he'll do what JB wanted Tyler Ennis to do -- stay a second year and become a lotto pick. Could happen if he's projected late 1st to early 2nd, and if he's close with his teammates and the team looks like it will be good.
Tyler wasn't going to be a lottery pick, IMO. Not explosive enough or good enough shooter at his size. Good floor general to be sure, but lots of the guys his size can run a team.
He struck while the iron was hot.

Uh... nah, man.

You gotta go when you can go.

You're talking like it's a sure thing Ennis would have been a lotto pick. That is a complete unknown.

What we do know is that he was a first round pick and got a guaranteed contract.
I think you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say it’s the right thing to do or the plan would be guaranteed to work. I’m just speculating that Judah could play two years, which for selfish reasons I hope is true. JB made the pitch to Ennis and he chose not to stay. That's fine and might have been the right choice for his career. Barring Judah turning into a one-and-done lotto pick, JB will probably make the pitch to Judah, and who knows what he’ll choose to do. If it were me, I’d probably go to the NBA, unless, like orangezoo pointed out, I was making tons of NIL money. NIL increases JB’s ability to retain Judah if he’s a 2nd round NBA pick, which he didn’t have when he pitched Ennis.

Tyler wasn't going to be a lottery pick, IMO. Not explosive enough or good enough shooter at his size. Good floor general to be sure, but lots of the guys his size can run a team.
Maybe you're right. And there's a very good chance Ennis made the right choice. All I know is that's what JB pitched to him. He said come back and become a lotto pick. I could see Judah being in a similar situation, except NIL is also a factor. If true, JB very well may have the same pitch.

Tough to see that at the time as an SU fan.. I certainly didn’t. But it was the right call for him, no question.

I think you misunderstood my post. I didn’t say it’s the right thing to do or the plan would be guaranteed to work. I’m just speculating that Judah could play two years, which for selfish reasons I hope is true. JB made the pitch to Ennis and he chose not to stay. That's fine and might have been the right choice for his career. Barring Judah turning into a one-and-done lotto pick, JB will probably make the pitch to Judah, and who knows what he’ll choose to do. If it were me, I’d probably go to the NBA, unless, like orangezoo pointed out, I was making tons of NIL money. NIL increases JB’s ability to retain Judah if he’s a 2nd round NBA pick, which he didn’t have when he pitched Ennis.
Gotcha.

Great to hear.

Not remotely surprised -- I think this kid is the best recruit we've landed in quite some time. His unorthodox style is going to be fun to watch. He's got a great "feel" for the game -- his up-fakes, jukes, etc. are something to see. Not sure that we've ever had a similar player like this in program history.
Flynn?

Mintz, Taylor and Bunch are going to get a lot of run this year.

I am not worried about Mintz, wasn’t since the day he signed. He will be very good here from Day 1. It just depends on how good Taylor and Bunch are from game 1. They need to be at a minimum average for us to have any chance.

JG3
Edwards
Mintz

These 3 fellas are going to have to carry us every game this year.

Symir
Benny
Taylor
Bunch
Hima

Are going to be our other guys that get minutes pretty much every game. We don’t need them to be studs but they need to compete.
FWIW. - a person in a business group I am in was with Buddy at a recent event. Buddy is very, very bullish on the newcomers, and not just the freshman. Thinks SU will be pretty good.

FWIW. - a person in a business group I am in was with Buddy at a recent event. Buddy is very, very bullish on the newcomers, and not just the freshman. Thinks SU will be pretty good.
Vey much appreciate the info. That said, between the staff constantly thinking they are winning recruiting battles then getting their hats handed to them, and JB saying things because, well, JB says things. I am not going to believe anything that comes out of anyone associated the program. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Vey much appreciate the info. That said, between the staff constantly thinking they are winning recruiting battles then getting their hats handed to them, and JB saying things because, well, JB says things. I am not going to believe anything that comes out of anyone associated the program. So I'll believe it when I see it.
tenor (22).gif

Yeah plus who would listen to anyone with the name Boeheim about anything related to basketball. Literally their only qualification is being taller than 5’7”.