Judge's ruling favors NCAA athletes seeking 2nd transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Judge's ruling favors NCAA athletes seeking 2nd transfer

That's not the reality. Football and basketball are about making money. All this conference realignment and all those rules that they imposed on the athletes that were not in place for regular students proves that.

Now they are being forced to give athletes freedom, it's not because they are suddenly thinking about their quality education.
My point is that colleges should not be in the athletics business. As currently constituted at the highest levels, it's antithetical to their mission.

Break off the money sports FB and BB. The schools can field independent teams under a separate model, much like junior hockey or minor league baseball. Kids are straight up employees, with no obligation to go to school. They don’t live on campus. (Imagine the reduction in sex crimes on campuses).

Or go to the soccer model for FB and BB. Let the pro teams sponsor academies to find kids early

My point is that colleges should not be in the athletics business. As currently constituted at the highest levels, it's antithetical to their mission.

Break off the money sports FB and BB. The schools can field independent teams under a separate model, much like junior hockey or minor league baseball. Kids are straight up employees, with no obligation to go to school. They don’t live on campus. (Imagine the reduction in sex crimes on campuses).

Or go to the soccer model for FB and BB. Let the pro teams sponsor academies to find kids early
Unfortunately the NCAA and Universities took ethics out of the equation when they started chasing that TV money with little benefit to the athletes.

I agree that there needs to be a fundamental change to the system, but the NCAA and schools are getting what they deserve now. They could've made changes ages ago but only cared about the money.

I'm not gonna blame NIL and transfer rules for what's happening now. I'm gonna point the finger at the schools and NCAA.