Julian Whigham is making a couple headlines... | Syracusefan.com

Julian Whigham is making a couple headlines...

...not necessarily in a good way.

http://collegespun.com/acc/syracuse...bowl-games-are-the-most-pointless-games-ever#

He deleted the tweet, from what I can tell, but it was already seen by enough people obviously. I don't disagree with him, but it's not exactly something you want to see put out there by any of your players.

That wasn't even the worst tweet.

This one has also been deleted

"LOL y'all don't even go to games..shut up. why you mad at me for voicing a fact. Out of the national championship bowl games dnt matter"

As much as I love to retweet Jerome Smith every time he says something about hay and barns, this just further proves how messy social media and student athletes can be at times.

Well he's home, not with the team. and probably feeling sorry for himself but I hope he get's smart like Estime and gets a protected account if he is going to make these comments.

Well he's home, not with the team. and probably feeling sorry for himself but I hope he get's smart like Estime and gets a protected account if he is going to make these comments.

That very well could be it. He feels healthy and wants to play. Can't blame the coaches for being extra safe with him though. That was a scary injury.

What a dumb thing to do. Wouldn't be surprised to see the rules around social media adjusted after something this idiotic. And they should be if your student athletes are this careless. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Social media will be the end of us all.

"LOL y'all don't even go to games..shut up. why you mad at me for voicing a fact. Out of the national championship bowl games dnt matter"

What was "worst" about that tweet? Lot of truth in what he wrote about bowls other than the national championship... but we know better. Going to a bowl means so much for this team and program. Someday the young man will get it. Youth + frustration = recipe for trouble. How about that dumbass tweet from that executive who posted it just before boarding a plane for South Africa--only to find that she was fired after landing there after her asinine statements went viral? This from somebody who should have known better. I'll give a pass to a 19 or 20 year old kid on this...

What was "worst" about that tweet? Lot of truth in what he wrote about bowls other than the national championship... but we know better. Going to a bowl means so much for this team and program. Someday the young man will get it. Youth + frustration = recipe for trouble. How about that dumbass tweet from that executive who posted it just before boarding a plane for South Africa--only to find that she was fired after landing there after her asinine statements went viral? This from somebody who should have known better. I'll give a pass to a 19 or 20 year old kid on this...

I don't know just didn't think it was cool telling all the fans to shut up, especially since there was a lot of people who went out of their way to show him support after an injury. Being able to use the kid excuse can only fly for so long. He made the comment last night, and added onto it this morning. I am sure he is frustrated because of the injury, but wasn't smart.

I wonder what the seniors think of this. I believe Hunt pointed out that the non-JUCO seniors are the last batch of guys to commit to Syracuse when it was a terrible program. I bet they don't think this is pointless.

I'm sorry, but that kid needs to shut his mouth. And I'm a huge Whigham fan, but that tweet does zero good except for quench your pissed off mood Julian. Button it.

Whigham isn't traveling to the game? Why not? Seems like he would have made the trip with the team even if he wasn't playing...

Whigham isn't traveling to the game? Why not? Seems like he would have made the trip with the team even if he wasn't playing...
Because schools can't bring everyone on their travel squad. And if you're bringing an injured Whigham, that's taking a spot from someone else, as is my understanding.

Because schools can't bring everyone on their travel squad. And if you're bringing an injured Whigham, that's taking a spot from someone else, as is my understanding.

Don't believe that to be the case for bowl games. The whole squad participates in bowl week.

I don't know just didn't think it was cool telling all the fans to shut up, especially since there was a lot of people who went out of their way to show him support after an injury. Being able to use the kid excuse can only fly for so long. He made the comment last night, and added onto it this morning. I am sure he is frustrated because of the injury, but wasn't smart.

Agree about the not being smart part, but I recall, I made several regrettable decisions when I was his age. I'll bet you did, too. On the other hand, there is no excuse for this: www.cnn.com/2013/12/21/us/sacco-offensive-tweet/index.html
This from a highly paid, educated, supposedly mature executive. Far and beyond "wasn't smart".

Agree about the not being smart part, but I recall, I made several regrettable decisions when I was his age. I'll bet you did, too. On the other hand, there is no excuse for this: www.cnn.com/2013/12/21/us/sacco-offensive-tweet/index.html
This from a highly paid, educated, supposedly mature executive. Far and beyond "wasn't smart".

Me too. Bt I'll bet that when I did, somewhere some adult was saying, "What an idiot."

Looking back at some stupid things that I did at that age I am amazed that I am alive.

Not a good look Whigs.

Except for the 1,500 kids who are going to get to attend the game unexpectedly.

Think.

It wouldn't surprise me if his inability to play in the game helped lead to the thought process that resulted in those tweets.

His inner Herm Edwards (he of "Don't press send!" fame) also let him down.