Julian Whigham | Syracusefan.com

Julian Whigham

SmilinBob

Living Legend
This guy gets it. The other writers are doing a fine job but sometimes writers just have that way of hitting the right notes and adding to that, experience to relate what needs to be heard. I honestly will be surprised if he remains on the Hill for that long because he has talent to me that can't be taught. The proverbial "it" factor.

What might be nice to have on this forum is a spot where we could go to all the writings (storys/tweets,ect...) from each writer. Selfishly, I'd like to see a Whigham section of all his musings. As Chief Whigham would sing, that would be all "Sunshine and Lollypops".

Does he cover the University of Syracuse? (Sorry about the snark - it's Julian, not Julius.)

No problem and quite deserved, I can't remember a lot of names and am extremely proud I spelled his last name correctly as I can't spell worth a darn either.

... I honestly will be surprised if he remains on the Hill for that long because he has talent to me that can't be taught. The proverbial "it" factor.

Agree. Unless he desperately wants to be in Central New York, he's off to wherever he wants to go. That kid is talented: a good enough writer with a terrific football mind who's able to dumb stuff down for the likes of me. He's a smart cookie.

1533824440796.jpeg

No problem and quite deserved, I can't remember a lot of names and am extremely proud I spelled his last name correctly as I can't spell worth a darn either.

Is that why you left the "g" off of your name? ;)

Julian is very good. You dont automically have good insight and analysis because you played or coached football but he has it.

Agree wholeheartedly. We live in a world where reporters see 10 mins of practices and coaches give zero info on players. Great to have a guy like Whigham who can actually glean something from those 10 minutes. Really, really nice resource.

He is the only one I follow now. I couldn’t deal The others blowing up my feed with politics and political retweets. I follow them to get my Syracuse fix and all I getting was their views on the political landscape.

Agree wholeheartedly. We live in a world where reporters see 10 mins of practices and coaches give zero info on players. Great to have a guy like Whigham who can actually glean something from those 10 minutes. Really, really nice resource.
Because Julian works for IMG he gets to see the entire practice...but is only suppose to report on those first ten minutes.

And because he does work for IMG he probably should make sure he can participate in a chat.

Julian is very good. You dont automically have good insight and analysis because you played or coached football but he has it.
It's too bad the sports news outlets don't get that. All too often they'd rather find a big name that just retired to spew cliches left and right. I hope JW is able to work his way up the ladder.