Class of 2019 - Junior Day II: Sat. March 3, 10AM | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Junior Day II: Sat. March 3, 10AM

Monks pants are almost never wrong.
768D4D0B-6F56-497A-A443-39506A65CAB3.gif

Question on Summers: Is this a case of finding best available late? Or does he project as someone that could develop into someone that could help us down the road? Just looking at offers and doesn't appear he is very highly recruited. Could that be because he committed early?

Question on Summers: Is this a case of finding best available late? Or does he project as someone that could develop into someone that could help us down the road? Just looking at offers and doesn't appear he is very highly recruited. Could that be because he committed early?

A few thoughts: His early commitment could be part of the explanation, but it hasn't precluded other recruits from receiving more offers (so, who knows?); from another thread, he was recruited by Matt Canada and I think most would agree that he is a good to very good offensive coach/recruiter (so that's a positive); and finally, having watched his senior highlights, I liked what I saw as far as being more of a pocket passer and I thought he delivered the ball well to various parts of the field including rollouts to both sides. The competition may have been questionable, but I will leave it to the coaches and others with more QB knowledge to comment further.
Personally, I would welcome the pick up based on the above, AND, of course, if the coaches want him that's good enough for me.

If the staff is offering him, that means they think he can play to a high level in our system. There are no wasted offers at that position.

If the staff is offering him, that means they think he can play to a high level in our system. There are no wasted offers at that position.
Yeah theydont seam to just throw anyone in there. Looks pretty good. Nice pickup.