Just a couple things I noticed on the rewatch… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just a couple things I noticed on the rewatch…

It's the fact he gets to the 1st down marker on 3rd downs and catches anything near him.
Every NFL team would love to have him for 3rd downs.

Mebbs.

Not sure he has the speed necessary to be effective in the NFL, but he's certainly an excellent hybrid back here.

Really funny moment was Meeks cleaning his catching gloves on Fran’s shirt. There was no reaction from Fran. Like it was no big deal. Just seemed to tell me how comfortable the players are with Fran and he doesn’t big boy them. It’s a delicate balance to walk though.

On that clutch 3rd down throw to Meeks where McCord sidestepped a blitzer, LQA absolutely slobberknockers the other blitzer to the ground. An absolute de-cleater. I’m guilty of being somewhat frustrated watching Allen run the ball, but he brings the detail and intangibles to the position that you expect from veteran players. We need to appreciate how he plays the game.

We bag on Duce (rightfully so sometimes), but he chased down that Receiver in the 4th and we held them to a FG before the onside. If he doesn’t, it’s a 3 point game with 3+ minutes on the clock. I’m not sure they need to onside at that point.

The 4th down TD throw to Meeks was mccord’s 2nd read. He looked to OG first. Absolutely sick throw because he really was off balance and just aimed the throw into that tight window.

Meeks attacks the ball - love that about him.
Agree on all counts including being frustrated by allen at times while appreciating how important he is. Just a very weird open-field runner -- very tough in tight quarters but almost lost in space.

Good call on the Duce play. That's huge.

I've been impressed by Barron as well. He's always been frustrating and over-rated from my perspective but as an LB he's been great. Not perfect, I'm sure, but he's made a bunch of plays.

Weird game where I'm sure NC State fans feel they left points on the field and could have easily won. Cuse fans are happy to have the win in a game it feels like we always lose, but it's hard also not to think we left a ton of points on the field as well. Weird game overall.

Imagine Tucker on this team! Or I should say 2021 or 2024 Tucker.
He's better than lqa and we are strangely better off without him because we throw so much more than we would with him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom