Just back from Pitt... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just back from Pitt...

Boeheim shootaround was supposed to be for Boeheims to be stars...

The fact that Boeheim shootaround is the worst team we've had in JAB era is not a real surprise... if you were honest about how all this came together, it's not entirely unexpected.

It's just unbelievable how everything that could go wrong pretty much has gone wrong.

You could say we've been in games we could have won and it's not that bad... but, at this stage of the season, you are what your record says.

Pitt is one of the worst teams in the league...

So are we.

They really are bad, amongst a league of many poor teams. And, yes, we are right up there as one of the worst, no doubt.

Although, this Pitt team lost two of its top guards due to injuries. Pitt scoring 40 points in the 2nd half is really somewhat unreal when considering their guard situation and lack of offensive talent. However, JB said in last night's presser over and over, defense wasn't the reason the game was lost. Well, when you consider how poor of an offensive team Pitt is, and giving up 40 points after half, reasonable people can certainly say otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't know why I'm posting this - everyone saw the game but maybe they didn't get the up close feeling about our team from being there.

If you have never been to Pittsburgh or the Petersen Events Center – go. The city is beautiful and the Center holds 12K and is as intimate, and modern a facility as I’ve ever watched a BB game in, not a bad seat in the house. You just have to like climbing the 1000 stairs to get to the back to your car in the parking garage on a hill behind the Center.

And that’s about all I have to say that was positive except most of the first half where we led most of the way. There isn’t much to say, we sucked. A downer certainly.

You could just tell that this was going to be a chore for the team. When you are at the game you sensed, from the way they were playing, that this wasn't our night. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that the team looked slow and sloppy and that’s the way it was. I’m usually used to seeing at least four starters in double figures but this time there was only one! If they all scored in doubles we would have won but they looked worn out chasing Pitt around the second half.

The team was cold, lethargic and seemed to come to watch not play. It looked like they were about to enter their first game of the season and try to see if they could play basketball. Jesse had a poor game IMO missing foul shots and was not aggressive, JGIII was anything but the 50 point shooter from Glens Falls, getting stripped of the ball at least twice and committing 6 turnovers and going 1-6 from the 3. It seemed like no one could make shots so they leaned on a closely guarded Buddy who shot 9-23 with and was 4-15 from beyond the arc, his shots short off the front of the rim most of the night.

Man, look at these stats: FG 19 – 63 = 30.2%, 3 PT 6 – 31= 19.4%, groovy.

My last point is I wondered when leaving how they could beat Clemson badly and then show up in Pittsburgh and look so terrible. JAB can’t shoot the ball for them. Oh, and for you Benny fans, he was in late and looked totally out of control like a marionette thrust in from the wing of a stage with his arms wide reaching for something. We could have used Symir Torrence tonight big time.

PS: When Buddy and Jimmy leave who is going to score, who is going to play? I know we have a wonderful bunch of freshman coming in but they’re freshman. You think this team is bad? Wait till next year. Got any better ideas? JAB can't shoot the ball for them.

Recruit better players like we used to?

Jim has always said things. Now hes speaking in tongues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom