Just back from the new NYC bar "Marshall Street" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just back from the new NYC bar "Marshall Street"

Holy crap. It's rare that we would do a 90 minute post-game celebration on a weeknight, but this was (obviously) a season saving win. Let's be honest, this game was over. Weren't we down 16 mid-way through the 2nd half? I know many of you will say, "well, we did it against Virginia". But that was a "once in a lifetime thing". So guess I'm wrong--it's was a twice in a lifetime thing, lol. I was telling the boys at the bar I actually thought it was the biggest win since UVA--I know FSU was #6 in the country, but a) we were home in that one, and b) we really pulled this one out of our arse thanks to a certain Mr. Gillon (in a game we had no business winning). One comment on Gillon--I know everyone is going to talk about about his incredible 43 points. But forget that for a second. How about his insane game-tying three????? (in retrospect, NC State probably should have fouled us). But let's take it one step further---you just witnessed the greatest shooting display from three in Syracuse history---9 for 10, are you kidding me???? Can't wait to read every single post on the board---is everyone else as pumped up as I am???

Can we get a scouting report on the bar?

Awesome post, E. Must have been a cool experience to be at that new bar with fellow SU fans for an exciting win like that, witnessing a once in a generation type of performance from one of our players.

Speaking of 9-10 -- what is the record for three pointers made in a game? 9 has to be pretty close, if not the record.

I believe Andy hit 10 once.

Never mind, reading this thread its been answered and I was wrong.

That last sequence shows why NBA rule to magically advance the ball by taking a timeout is not a good thing. You don't get that craziness in the NBA and you don't get half court buzzer beaters.

Generally speaking, under 10 seconds to go and I don't call TO. Especially when you have a guy like Gillon who can break down a defense. I doubt JB considered whether calling TO would better enable NCST to foul.
The best thing JB could've done there was just let them play. This team struggles so much when trying to run a set play, especially one that would've needed to be run with under 5 seconds left.

Holy crap. It's rare that we would do a 90 minute post-game celebration on a weeknight, but this was (obviously) a season saving win. Let's be honest, this game was over. Weren't we down 16 mid-way through the 2nd half? I know many of you will say, "well, we did it against Virginia". But that was a "once in a lifetime thing". So guess I'm wrong--it's was a twice in a lifetime thing, lol. I was telling the boys at the bar I actually thought it was the biggest win since UVA--I know FSU was #6 in the country, but a) we were home in that one, and b) we really pulled this one out of our arse thanks to a certain Mr. Gillon (in a game we had no business winning). One comment on Gillon--I know everyone is going to talk about about his incredible 43 points. But forget that for a second. How about his insane game-tying three????? (in retrospect, NC State probably should have fouled us). But let's take it one step further---you just witnessed the greatest shooting display from three in Syracuse history---9 for 10, are you kidding me???? Can't wait to read every single post on the board---is everyone else as pumped up as I am???
LOL. What did you think about the bar?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom