Just dawned on me | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just dawned on me

I'm still hoping that the ACC will go to 16 and bring in UCONN and (gulp) Rutgers so we can go North South with BC, SU, UCONN, Rutgetrs, Pitt, Maryland, Virginia and the Hokies in the north. Then we can play them each twice and half the other divsion and the north would more resemble to old Big East than the new, new one. The rivalries would take care of themselves.

Nope. Save it for Notre Dame. UConn and Rutgers being on an island, relegated to a Conf. USA type of future, is what is in the best interest of our program.

10 years into our entrance into the ACC, the Duke Carolina rivalry will be like Cuse G'town is now. "Well, it once was a really great rivalry, but has really been overtaken by the rivalry with Syracuse."

I'm completely serious too. When both NC or Duke had those 2-3 down years in the last 15 years, nobody really played up the Duke UNC rivalry like they do now (or did before one of those teams was down). If we are a top 2-3 ACC team every year, this is more possible than people would care to admit.
SU is going to really garner attention as a rival when they pack in 45k+ at home vs. UNC or Duke at the Dome

Nope. Save it for Notre Dame. UConn and Rutgers being on an island, relegated to a Conf. USA type of future, is what is in the best interest of our program.

UCONN and Rutgers are not going away. And neither is the Big East. I'd rather have them in our new legue and continue the rivalries we have developed with them. The dream of them shrinking and we get all their recruits is just a pipedream. Not happening.

Maryland, Maryland, Maryland. In 10 years time, that's going to be the team we love to hate. And vice versa. And hey, unlike the Hoyas, Maryland has actual fans so I doubt the rivalry will lack in intensity.

We had rivalries in the BE, and will create rivalries in the ACC as well.

UCONN and Rutgers are not going away. And neither is the Big East. I'd rather have them in our new legue and continue the rivalries we have developed with them. The dream of them shrinking and we get all their recruits is just a pipedream. Not happening.

Our football team will never fully come back unless we are in a different, better league than UConn and Rutgers, Steve, so that their league is not the drawing card for recruits to play in that ours will be.

Our football team will never fully come back unless we are in a different, better league than UConn and Rutgers, Steve, so that their league is not the drawing card for recruits to play in that ours will be.

I'll believe their decline when I see it. Until then they are just two old rivals in a different league. I'd rather have them in our league, with the Northern Division set up, which would resemble what we've had in the past.

What possibilities are there that LAX rivalries will enhance a BB rivalry (SU-Md, SU-UNC, SU-Duke, SU-UVA)?-VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom