Just for S&G - GTown today | Syracusefan.com

Just for S&G - GTown today

GTownn

• everyday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Always

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way. And Georgetown still sucked.

True story...

My mom rarely talks badly about anyone or anything. And ever since I was little she would scold my brother and I if we ever said we "hated" something or that something was "stupid", etc.

She also is not well versed in sports - at all. Never watches, doesn't follow what's going on, constantly messes up players names and even what sport they play.

Anyway, a few years ago my brother and I were watching the Big East tournament with SU playing Georgetown. It was the game Arinze hurt his quad.

From the start of the game my brother and I were saying how we "hate" Georgetown to which my mom would reply "It's not nice to hate anyone." This exchange happened countless times throughout the start of the first half. Yet as the game wore on, I could see my mom actually getting into it.

Then out of nowhere, I guess from the bowels of her soul, she angrily let out a "Georgetown smells like motor oil." This took my brother and I by complete surprise. We could not hold in the laughter. "Motor oil"? What the hell does that even mean?

I guess all those years of laying dormant had a significant impact on her trash talking skills.

By the end of the game (tipping point being Arinze's injury), she was was saying "Georgetown sucks."

So from my mother and me...it's 10:40 and Georgetown still sucks.

True story...

My mom rarely talks badly about anyone or anything. And ever since I was little she would scold my brother and I if we ever said we "hated" something or that something was "stupid", etc.

She also is not well versed in sports - at all. Never watches, doesn't follow what's going on, constantly messes up players name and even what sport they play.

Anyway, a few years ago my brother and I were watching the Big East tournament with SU playing Georgetown. It was the game Arinze hurt his quad.

From the start of the game my brother and I were saying how we "hate" Georgetown to which my mom would reply "It's not nice to hate anyone." This exchange happened countless times throughout the start first half. Yet as the game wore on, I could see my mom actually getting into the game.

Then out of nowhere, I guess from the bowels of her soul, she angrily let out a "Georgetown smells like motor oil." This took my brother and I by complete surprise. We could not hold in the laughter. "Motor oil"? What the hell does that even mean?

I guess all those years of laying dormant had a significant impact on her trash talking skills.

By the end of the game (tipping point being Arinze's injury), she was was saying "Georgetown sucks."

from my mother and me...it's 10:40 and Georgetown still sucks.

LOL Classic! Great post!!

True story...

She also is not well versed in sports - at all. Never watches, doesn't follow what's going on, constantly messes up players name and even what sport they play.

From the start of the game my brother and I were saying how we "hate" Georgetown to which my mom would reply "It's not nice to hate anyone." This exchange happened countless times throughout the start first half. Yet as the game wore on, I could see my mom actually getting into the game.

from my mother and me...it's 10:40 and Georgetown still sucks.

I like your mom. :)

Similar story. My daughter was playing JV basketball and she (and most of the team) despised the coach. One day she came home from practice with a big smile on her face. "I figured out why Mr. O'Brien is such a jerk: He went to Georgetown!"

why just today?

its my personal mantra to say that every day at least 100 times

Boy, the floor of that locker room must be extra salty.
Clean up time!
sp-hoyas_0051363399152--606x404.JPG

EVERYDAY is a georgetown day'by the way its 3:00,...AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom