Just got ESPN3 working on my TVs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just got ESPN3 working on my TVs

Roku keeps adding more "channels" too, by the way, for anyone still on the fence. It's recently added YouTube, PBS, A&E, and several more.

Yes, I'm now a full fledged Roku shill. And I'm okay with this.

Better than Apple TV? I'm about to drop some dimes, so I need to know which is the best way to go. If it makes any difference, I have several Apple products in the house.

PeteCalvin said:
Better than Apple TV? I'm about to drop some dimes, so I need to know which is the best way to go. If it makes any difference, I have several Apple products in the house.

If you're heavy on apple it probably makes sense to stick with apple, but Roku has tested as the better product.

I have nothing bad to say about the Roku though, you'd be happy either way most likely.

Jekelish posted a few good breakdowns of comparisons, especially the CNET.com one.

TexanMark said:
Move your old one to an extra bedroom...for $89 you can buy a Roku3. You can plug the included headphones into your remote and watch TV while your partner sleeps or reads. The Roku headphones are impervious to the female voice frequencies when they speak work commands and inane questions in the middle of the game.

I was up late watching TV this weekend (The Wire) utilizing the headphones.

Apparently my daughter woke up crying and woke up my wife - she was none to happy when she found me oblivious to the disturbance, sitting on the coach, eating popcorn, glued to the TV.

Didn't think I'd use the headphones at first, but they are great.

Yeah I have Cox out Here west and on top of some espnregionals for free, I get espn2, U and now there is a espn 3 4 5 and 6 for free, which probably play the same as espn3. I imagine someone pressured them to put more games on for free or else.

corpjet said:
We currently use our Apple TV to stream the games on ESPN3 (which in my opinion are way too may) . Please note the quality of the stream is directly related to your internet speed. Never had this many games on ESPN3 last year while in the Big East what gives ACC?

There's a number of reasons.

First, ESPN is trying to drive up viewership for ESPN3 by showing more SU games on E3. Syracuse games get very high ratings.

Secondly, the ACC Network isn't as widely available as SNY because Rutgers and UConn are no longer joined with SU as part of a Big East package.

There's a number of reasons.

First, ESPN is trying to drive up viewership for ESPN3 by showing more SU games on E3. Syracuse games get very high ratings.

Secondly, the ACC Network isn't as widely available as SNY because Rutgers and UConn are no longer joined with SU as part of a Big East package.

Where do they list ratings for internet streams? I'd love to get that data.