Just got my Street & Smiths | Syracusefan.com

Just got my Street & Smiths

SWC75

Bored Historian
We are predicted 7th in our division BC is up to 4th, ahead of Louisville. We have no one of the All-ACC team. (The defensive line is the Clemson defensive line.) Our recruiting class is #9, ahead of Georgia Tech, wake Forest, Duke, Virginia and Boston College. They have a series of "best categories, like Best Hands for a receiver, Best Running Quarterback, etc. We've got none of them. The one thing we did get is "Hottest Seat" - Dino Babers. We now have the longest post season drought in the ACC- four years.

The recruiting summary sounds good. "From top to bottom, Coach Dino Babers and his staff did a terrific job of evaluating and landing three star prospects with value and high upside across the board."

I'll do it:

jwb.jpg

Dino’s seat is hot? Just touched it. Felt like an ice cube
I don't know that it's an ice cube but it certainly shouldn't be hot. A 4 win season and it will be hot. 5 is warm. 6 is cool. 7+ is ice.
Cuse and Rutgers are both in the same boat. Tons of work to be done and the coaches are both on a 5 year plan. Anything less and you might as well just go G5 because you aren't giving the coach enough time.

Here is another preseason prediction: that garbage magazine won’t be around next year

Street & Smith is still around?

the company that owned The Sporting News bought Street & Smith's in 2007 and started using the TSN name for their football, basketball and baseball preview publications but they switch it becak to "Street & Smiths" last year because it was a better brand name for that purpose.

Here is another preseason prediction: that garbage magazine won’t be around next year

Well, their brand had been around along time, even if they are no longer an independent company.
Street & Smith - Wikipedia

They've done football yearbooks since 1940, baseball since 1941 and basketball since 1957.

Rutgers doesn't even have a boat.
Sure they do. The B1G sent their floundering athletic programs a life boat. Still not quite sure why. The B1G is probably wondering, too.

Reactions: gbo
Sure they do. The B1G sent their floundering athletic programs a life boat. Still not quite sure why. The B1G is probably wondering, too.
You know how in every group of friends, there's one that doesn't quite fit, and that the rest of the group is constantly making fun of and dumping on?

The hot seat comment shows just how far that publication has fallen.

What they said: "He's only in his third year and is 8-16 at SU. Predecessor Scott Shafer was 10-15 in two seasons and was fired upon going 4-8 in his third. Babers needs six wins to match Shafers three year total."

While I've never purchased S+S or Phil Steele... It seems like Phil Steele has a far better grasp of the program. Shafer was 3-9 in his 2cnd year, and didn't inherit his own mess. Seems like S+S did a couple google searches, and threw some darts.

While Steele said a few things I didn't like, what has been quoted of his analysis seems about right. If anything, at least it showed an understanding of where the program is at.

I'll pick up Steele's, next year.

What they said: "He's only in his third year and is 8-16 at SU. Predecessor Scott Shafer was 10-15 in two seasons and was fired upon going 4-8 in his third. Babers needs six wins to match Shafers three year total."

Numbers without context is lazy.

Absolutely. However, what does happen if we win 3 games? To the opposite, of we win 11, street and smith will hope he’s coaching Oregon next year.

While I've never purchased S+S or Phil Steele... It seems like Phil Steele has a far better grasp of the program. Shafer was 3-9 in his 2cnd year, and didn't inherit his own mess. Seems like S+S did a couple google searches, and threw some darts.

While Steele said a few things I didn't like, what has been quoted of his analysis seems about right. If anything, at least it showed an understanding of where the program is at.

I'll pick up Steele's, next year.

Steele's is great if you like reading teletype machines and want to know the completion percentage of the fourth string quarterback at Purdue.

Exactly. I kept trying to figure out a way to say that and you said it very easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom