Just making convo, Would Frost have done better... | Syracusefan.com

Just making convo, Would Frost have done better...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
than back to back 4 win seasons? Frost got an awful/winless UCF team to undefeated in two seasons. Dino took took his EI and BG teams from 7-5 to 10-2 and 8-6 to 10-3 respectively. One can argue that he accomplished what Frost has shown already no?

Just curious what everyone thinks considering Frost was the #1 board favorite here and there were reports Dino signed with UCF two years ago.

Its a good question, that we will never have an answer to. Problem with Frost is he'd be on the first bus out of here if we had success this year.

6 and 1/2 dozen to me. I think Frost had an ultimate Nebraska destination concern which to me was a real concern. UCF is in a lesser conf where he could do quicker damage. Our issue is conference structure w being in the hardest one in college football. That thing needs to be reconfigured for us to have sustained success

Doesn't matter.

It is all about Dino's recruiting -- and it takes another cycle or two to get more talent on the roster.

Plus, as terrible as UCF was the year before Frost, they were undefeated a year before that. There was chaos in the program with the O’Leary mess and they tossed in the towel. Similar to Washington when they went winless under Willingham, they weren’t that bad they just hated Willingham

When does Nebraska announce Frost as their new coach? An hour from now? A day or two? It can't possibly take longer than a week.

than back to back 4 win seasons? Frost got an awful/winless UCF team to undefeated in two seasons. Dino took took his EI and BG teams from 7-5 to 10-2 and 8-6 to 10-3 respectively. One can argue that he accomplished what Frost has shown already no?

Just curious what everyone thinks considering Frost was the #1 board favorite here and there were reports Dino signed with UCF two years ago.
I would imagine our schedule is significantly more difficult. Apples to oranges comparison.

Plus, as terrible as UCF was the year before Frost, they were undefeated a year before that. There was chaos in the program with the O’Leary mess and they tossed in the towel. Similar to Washington when they went winless under Willingham, they weren’t that bad they just hated Willingham

Actually they were 10-4 (2012), 12-1 (2013 Fiesta Bowl Win over Baylor), 9-4 (2014), and then 0-12 (2015).

UCF was never as bad as their 2015 record suggests.

Completely different scenarios. Can't compare our schedule to UCF's

Yeah — I’d argue that frost took a great job for a guy who felt he was one move away from the job he really wanted. Certainly doesn’t mean dino won’t move on in time but it’s a taller task and is going to require more work.

Yeah — I’d argue that frost took a great job for a guy who felt he was one move away from the job he really wanted. Certainly doesn’t mean dino won’t move on in time but it’s a taller task and is going to require more work.

If Dino moves on in time, today it would appear to be because he was unable to turn around this program vs. because he did so and pursued alleged "greener pastures."

If Dino moves on in time, today it would appear to be because he was unable to turn around this program vs. because he did so and pursued alleged "greener pastures."

Fine — whatever. That want my point. My point was that the Syracuse job is a tough one. P5 conference that is tough week in and week out. This year at least featured a tough OOC sched. And you are recruiting to a small private school in upstate ny. Versus taking a directional FL program playing a weaker sked and only a year removed from a 9 or 10- win season or whatever and winning a bunch of games.

Is dino bound for greener pastures? We don’t know. Maybe he ends up struggling. But, regardless, it’s a slower process in terms of the turnaround.

Frost is out of his mind if he goes to Nebraska instead of Florida. Nebraska is never going to win in the Big 10. Florida is loaded with the kind of athletes Frost wants.

NO.

Dino is a better coach than Frost.

Frost would've been 2-10 here this year.

Dino would be undefeated at UCF this year.

Frost is out of his mind if he goes to Nebraska instead of Florida. Nebraska is never going to win in the Big 10. Florida is loaded with the kind of athletes Frost wants.

He's a Nebraska guy and that's why he'll go back there instead of Florida.

Even if frost would do better he's on the first plane out of here to Lincoln or Gainesville.

Fine — whatever. That want my point. My point was that the Syracuse job is a tough one. P5 conference that is tough week in and week out. This year at least featured a tough OOC sched. And you are recruiting to a small private school in upstate ny. Versus taking a directional FL program playing a weaker sked and only a year removed from a 9 or 10- win season or whatever and winning a bunch of games.

Is dino bound for greener pastures? We don’t know. Maybe he ends up struggling. But, regardless, it’s a slower process in terms of the turnaround.

I agree Syracuse today is a tough job. Years of neglect and mismanagement by the SU brass bear the brunt of the demise. SU let itself fall into the abyss while many peer and lessor reputable programs dumped significant coin into their infrastructure, facilities, amenities, etc. The recent investments made by SU are great, but the Mariana's Trench that is SU football is so deep, we still find ourselves well below the surface.

BC is going to their 4th bowl game in 5 years. Wake is going bowling, Duke has been in recent years as well. Northwestern in the Big Ten would appear to be a fish out of water being the only small (private school) among a sea of mammoth state funded ones, yet they're going bowling again. Are all these programs that much tougher than Syracuse? We seem to have history, but that's all we have to hang our hats on for the last two decades.

It's joked around here often how lowly Rutger's is, but the fact is, the reflection in the mirror is just as ugly.

I do thank our lucky stars daily though that somehow, rather miraculously, we were gifted that ACC invite, otherwise, today, we would be no different than UConn. And, even there we rank behind them academically according to the latest US News & World Report.

Last edited:
I agree Syracuse today is a tough job. Years of neglect and mismanagement by the SU brass bear the brunt of the demise. SU let itself fall into the abyss while many peer and lessor reputable programs dumped significant coin into their infrastructure, facilities, amenities, etc. The recent investments made by SU are great, but the Marianna's Trench that is SU football is so deep, we still find ourselves well below the surface.

BC is going to their 4th bowl game in 5 years. Wake is going bowling, Duke has been in recent years as well. Northwestern in the Big Ten would appear to be a fish out of water being the only small (private school) among a sea of mammoth state funded ones, yet they're going bowling again. Are all these programs that much tougher than Syracuse? We seem to have history, but that's all we have to hang our hats on for the last two decades.

It's joked around here often how lowly Rutger's is, but the fact is, the reflection in the mirror is just as ugly.

I do thank the our lucky stars daily though that somehow, rather miraculously, we were gifted that ACC invite, otherwise, today, we would be no different than UConn. And, even there we rank behind them academically according to the latest US News & World Report.

Were we in a "Marianas Trench"? Or had we just fallen behind and so we had to more forward to be competitive?
Mariana Trench - Wikipedia

We won't get out of the trench until they open up the purse strings and make a real commitment to the program. And that won't happen as long as they are cashing ACC checks while we are losing. Until attendance drops so much and the fanbase erodes so badly that they have no choice but to do something to try and get it back, unfortunately by then it will be too late.

It is approaching that level now, worst attendance in modern history for the program was this year and still they sit back and do nothing but watch.

Why announce a Dome renovation 2 years ago and do nothing, that is way worse than not announcing anything at all.

At least we have railings...

Because no dome reno caused the poor tackling today...?
upload_2017-11-25_21-8-34.gif

I don’t think Dino goes 11-0. Going undefeated is a hard thing to do, you have very limited room to make mistakes from a coaching perspective.