Just my spin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just my spin

Hes a better shooter. Sy is a better ball handler, defender, and rebounder.

We’ve had this discussion before. But advanced metrics say you’re wrong except rebounding. And I’m someone that likes Sy and not one of the ones who mocked us taking someone who couldn’t play at Marquette but was friends with Buddy.

If you don't watch a team by choice are you really still that much of a fan? I mean i get it, if something brings you displeasure to the point that you cant enjoy it there is nothing wrong with closing the door on it. But just be ready when people call your fanhood out when things are good again.

Die hard Bills and Cuse hoops fan. As agonizing as its been at times I can not even fathom not watching.

While March certainly is less special without Cuse it's still something I will enjoy.

This isnt a shot at you OP. Just how I feel.
There is a big difference between being a fan and a fanatic. A fan can watch games by choice, a fanatic screams when the network joins a game in progress. Due to scheduling, I was unable to watch a lot of games live. It didn't bother me one bit. Even watching replays could wait a couple of days. A fanatic would suffer withdraw not being able to watch live and watches replays asap. And all but dies when he finds out the replay is days away because it's scheduled for replay on ESPNU 3 days away (ie like the BC1 was)

The way this team was set up and coached, being a fanatic have could lead to serious health issues.

There is a big difference between being a fan and a fanatic. A fan can watch games by choice, a fanatic screams when the network joins a game in progress. Due to scheduling, I was unable to watch a lot of games live. It didn't bother me one bit. Even watching replays could wait a couple of days. A fanatic would suffer withdraw not being able to watch live and watches replays asap. And all but dies when he finds out the replay is days away because it's scheduled for replay on ESPNU 3 days away (ie like the BC1 was)

The way this team was set up and coached, being a fanatic have could lead to serious health issues.

Solid breakdown

I think the difference...fan vs fanatic is the fan appreciates good basketball and roots for the Orange.
The fanatic becomes hysterical during games, thinks JB walks on water, thinks refs cost us all losses...
and roots for the Orange.

I think the difference...fan vs fanatic is the fan appreciates good basketball and roots for the Orange.
The fanatic becomes hysterical during games, thinks JB walks on water, thinks refs cost us all losses...
To be perfectly honest I am a fan of SU basketball because of ESPN. As a Bona student during the last 2 Lanier years I got to cheer for a good exciting team. After graduation, basketball coverage was sparse even with cable, then came ESPN followed by the Big East. My disdain for SU basketball changed because as just about the only game in town (Rochester) I had little choice if I wish to watch it on tv. I began to appreciate the style and those had something to root for. Make no mistake, I root for Bona at all times. Not being a SU grad, I had/have no reason to be a fanatic. So I know the difference. JB does not walk on water but refs do cost games (but not all of them).

To be perfectly honest I am a fan of SU basketball because of ESPN. As a Bona student during the last 2 Lanier years I got to cheer for a good exciting team. After graduation, basketball coverage was sparse even with cable, then came ESPN followed by the Big East. My disdain for SU basketball changed because as just about the only game in town (Rochester) I had little choice if I wish to watch it on tv. I began to appreciate the style and those had something to root for. Make no mistake, I root for Bona at all times. Not being a SU grad, I had/have no reason to be a fanatic. So I know the difference. JB does not walk on water but refs do cost games (but not all of them).
I remember the "Big Cat"...and he tore his leg up(knee) just before or in the tournament?
replacement was a guy named Matt Gant...I think. Doing this off the top of my flat head...

i don't get accn . i'll listen and if the game is close or compelling watch on youtube condensed. frankly this team doesn't thrill me. i used to be a season ticket holder.
(yes i hid a bag under the seat to put my jacket in ) but this product is not worth the price.

Don’t agree with that comparison at all.

for the record 2021/22 we committed fewer fouls than our opponents and took a bunch more free throws. just sayin' the ref thing. the conspiracy. facts don't support your argument. so move on to aliens and asteroids stuff. we had net plus in the calls.

I remember the "Big Cat"...and he tore his leg up(knee) just before or in the tournament?
replacement was a guy named Matt Gant...I think. Doing this off the top of my flat head...
Villanova player by the name of Ford hit Lanier in the back of the knee in the Regional finals with Bona up big. 6'5" soph. Matt Gantt (my grad class) jumped center against Atris Gilmore of Jacksonville. Gantt was Bonas tallest player and Jacksonville at times averaged 7 ft on the back line + a 6'5" guard. Matt blocked one of Gilmore's first shots. Turns out Lanier plyed with Ford in tye NBA. And lastly my Bonnies 50th reunion is in May with many of the Final Four team being there

for the record 2021/22 we committed fewer fouls than our opponents and took a bunch more free throws. just sayin' the ref thing. the conspiracy. facts don't support your argument. so move on to aliens and asteroids stuff. we had net plus in the calls.
Really don't disagree with you but what was the the difference in games SU lost. Just asking. Probably more of a reflection of the lack off plays in the paint than a conspiracy. Funny how even Bilas noticed ticytac fouls called against SU in the last Duke game ie Swider's 4th , but not subsequent hard fouls by Duke in that last 5-10 minutes. :)

Villanova player by the name of Ford hit Lanier in the back of the knee in the Regional finals with Bona up big. 6'5" soph. Matt Gantt (my grad class) jumped center against Atris Gilmore of Jacksonville. Gantt was Bonas tallest player and Jacksonville at times averaged 7 ft on the back line + a 6'5" guard. Matt blocked one of Gilmore's first shots. Turns out Lanier plyed with Ford in tye NBA. And lastly my Bonnies 50th reunion is in May with many of the Final Four team being there
Chris Ford of Villanova. He played in the NBA for several years, mostly with the Celtics. He has a place in the record book that he can never lose--he made the first 3-point field goal in the history of the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom