just put down a deposit on my first ever season tix! | Syracusefan.com

just put down a deposit on my first ever season tix!

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
At least since I was a student 1995-1999. Gonna wear a path on I-81 from central nj! Really looking forward to getting back to Syracuse more regularly, and hopefully getting my 8 year old up for his first game in the Dome!

Question. ..What kind of seat selection do first timers get?

At least since I was a student in 1995. Gonna wear a path on I-81 from central nj! Really looking forward to getting back to Syracuse more regularly, and hopefully getting my 8 year old up for his first game in the Dome!

Well, first timers get to sit next to the pee troughs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You should get pretty good seats being so far in advance and given the amount of empty seats avail last year.

8 years old is a great age to get your son hooked. I was 10 for my first game and my oldest son was about 8 his first time at the dome.

At least since I was a student in 1995. Gonna wear a path on I-81 from central nj! Really looking forward to getting back to Syracuse more regularly, and hopefully getting my 8 year old up for his first game in the Dome!

Congratulations - good move!

its a windham and fires both rounds. i love it been looking for the right one for months.

That thing looks like a beast. I have an avid gun collector in my family that is looking to get the Ruger but can't find one anywhere currently. He was telling me the .223/5.56 capability is a must but of course i'll likely never personally own one.

Gotta love the food stamp seats. PeteCalvin and I have taken our sons there numerous times, although Pete really does prefer seats next to the urinals. I believe he enjoys the sights and smells, and he's always been a "handy" kinda fella as far as anonymous encounters in men's rooms go. Or so I've heard.

Anyway, when we've bought seasons, we've also gotten parking info, but requested Fine Lot when we could. When we get seasons again, we'll try to migrate to wherever the TexanMark/Cuseregular crew goes.

That's a great age for sure, and if you have any problems along 81 in the Binghamton area, there's a few of us board idiots who inhabit that region.

That thing looks like a beast. I have an avid gun collector in my family that is looking to get the Ruger but can't find one anywhere currently.

yeah tell me about it, cant find any online, sold out everywhere, went to my local gun dealer and got lucky, he had 4 coming in next week and i was the 3rd one to put money down on them before they even came in. and im sure the last one was sold as well.

Congratulations & welcome to the coolest and most exclusive club in the country: Syracuse Orange football season ticket holders! You are now one of the chosen few. Your membership package and secret decoder ring are in the mail.

Simple answer: you can get whatever isn't already taken by existing season ticket holders. You'll have some good seats to select from, but lower rows, and especially aisle seats in lower rows, might be tough(er) to get. The good news is that A) you get annual upgrades, so your seats will either stay the same or get better each year (depending on how many people renew), and B) there really isn't a bad seat in the Dome.

Cool. Hoping for an aisle even if I need to go upstairs

I hope they give me credit for biting BEFORE the shellacking! Lol

Sort of an interesting year to be a first time season ticket buyer.

Wonder how this affects my ticket selection. I hope we get a coach that excites people and sells seats rather than causes cancellations. :|

Couple of follow up questions for anyone who knows...

1- I really would like a parking space in Zone A or at worst Zone B. Willing to pay the fee. Does a first time season ticket holder have a shot in hell at this? Or am I going to be shipped to South Campus?

2- When does the University begin reaching out to new season ticket holders? I guess I am on the "priority" list so I am going to get first crack after renewals...

1- I really would like a parking space in Zone A or at worst Zone B. Willing to pay the fee. Does a first time season ticket holder have a shot in hell at this? Or am I going to be shipped to South Campus?

2- When does the University begin reaching out to new season ticket holders? I guess I am on the "priority" list so I am going to get first crack after renewals...
Mark usually answers this but I will this time. You should be able to get a parking ticket for Zone A, but you will need to join the Orange Club with a minimum donation of X dollars to be eligible for this privilege. I believe the number was $100 or $150 last year.

That comes in addition to paying for the actual tickets. But as a member of the Orange Club, I think you will get some stuff, a few BE magazines published by the SUAD focusing on SU athletics, some stickers, maybe an invitation to a special event or two.

Parking Map Link

Mark usually answers this but I will this time. You should be able to get a parking ticket for Zone A, but you will need to join the Orange Club with a minimum donation of X dollars to be eligible for this privilege. I believe the number was $100 or $150 last year.

That comes in addition to paying for the actual tickets. But as a member of the Orange Club, I think you will get some stuff, a few BE magazines published by the SUAD focusing on SU athletics, some stickers, maybe an invitation to a special event or two.

Parking Map Link

Yeah, I am prepared to pay that upcharge. Worth it in my opinion. May be coming up from NJ to games directly and its worth the $30 a game or whatever to not have to drive over to South Campus and get on a bus. It's good to hear there is a chance as long as I am willing to pay...

Yeah, I am prepared to pay that upcharge. Worth it in my opinion. May be coming up from NJ to games directly and its worth the $30 a game or whatever to not have to drive over to South Campus and get on a bus. It's good to hear there is a chance as long as I am willing to pay...
Now the next thing you have to do is change that awfully dated signature...

Cool. Hoping for an aisle even if I need to go upstairs

I hope they give me credit for biting BEFORE the shellacking! Lol

Sort of an interesting year to be a first time season ticket buyer.

Wonder how this affects my ticket selection. I hope we get a coach that excites people and sells seats rather than causes cancellations. :|

We have aisle seats and its truly a mixed bag. We are diehards getting there before kickoff and staying throughout the entire game. Everybody in the aisle who comes late, leaves early or has to go to the urinals/concession stands makes you move. It's easier for us to get in and out though so as I said it's a mixed bag.

I think there's renewed excitement about the team and of course a new ACC schedule. Besides the games being fun, I like to consider them an investment in SU football's bright future. I'm certain my seats are more valuable than they were 4 years ago. You and your son will have great memories from this.

Best parking spot is the right end zone.

Welcome aboard! I also come up from CNJ for the football games. The Friday night games are a PITA, especially at 7pm. I got a spot in the Fine Lot this year for the first time. My rationale was exactly what you said about knowing you have a set place to park near the Dome and not worrying about a shuttle bus. It was a great investment and a great way to meet other Cuse fanatics. Oh, and if you like hot food right off the grill and football shaped Jell-0 shots, that's also a plus!

Welcome aboard! I also come up from CNJ for theootball games. The Friday night games are a PITA, especially at 7pm. I got a spot in the Fine Lot this year for the first time. My rationale was exactly what you said about knowing you have a set place to park near the Dome and not worrying about a shuttle bus. It was a great investment and a great way to meet other Cuse fanatics. Oh, and if you like hot food right off the grill and football shaped Jell-0 shots, that's also a plus!

Yeah...my hope is to make at least 4 games a season...the Friday evening game(s) may be the ones I avoid...although who knows. Really depends on schedule, timing, etc. Is it a definite that Friday evenings are continuing in the ACC?

You say you got a Fine spot for the first time. Were you in Zone A previously? I am not opposed to Zone B as a fallback...I dont mind walking, I just dont like the idea of shuttling.