just put down a deposit on my first ever season tix! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

just put down a deposit on my first ever season tix!

Yeah...my hope is to make at least 4 games a season...the Friday evening game(s) may be the ones I avoid...although who knows. Really depends on schedule, timing, etc. Is it a definite that Friday evenings are continuing in the ACC?

You say you got a Fine spot for the first time. Were you in Zone A previously? I am not opposed to Zone B as a fallback...I dont mind walking, I just dont like the idea of shuttling.

Call Mary Dunham (315-443-1419) at the Orange Club. You'll need to donate $125. You might donate $5 more...in case they have too many requests. $130>$125. I believe you need to wait till July 1st to count for Football Parking in 2013...Mary should be able to explain it to you. If it does work that way..maybe consider doing the Otto level ($44) for the next few months and have it earmarked for the FB Practice Facility.

Also...think about signing your kid up for the Cuse Kids Club for $12 you actually will get an extra FB ticket with it http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2009/10/19/KIDS_1019094519.aspx?tab=cusekidsclub

After you are a member of good standing..tell the Box Office you are an (click link to right for levels) Orange Club Member with the Orange Level ($125+). Tell them you want Fine Lot first choice, then ask for Standart or new lot going in where the old ESF Apartment houses were (block between Sadler and the Fine Lot). They might not be able to guarantee it right away but you should be able to get in somewhere in Stadium West. Patience...we had a guy join late summer and got a Fine Pass for the first time at the $125 level.

Old Parking Map for '12-'13 http://www.carrierdome.com/media/documents/2012/11/2012_Overall_Parking_for_FB__BB.pdf

FAQ http://www.suathletics.com/sports/2011/12/6/FB_1206113703.aspx

As for seats...as a newbie I recommend the Food Stamps (Touchdown Town) or the upper corners (Sections 304-316). Section 304 is closest to the Fine Lot.

The beauty of having a parking pass in Stadium West is your tickets are way easier to sell in the Fall if you can't make a game. Each game has a separate, specially marked parking pass you hang from your rear view mirror. You can send the tix/parking pass together to whomever buys your seats. People have never biotched about paying $25 or so for the pass...they realize it is a great deal.

Finally, you are welcomed to join our tailgate. If you don't bring anything it is customary to give the cook some $$$. Hopefully though you can share something but no one will look at you sideways if you don't bring anything but do offer money. Just during roll call on the board let us know if yo are bringing something or $$$. Our tailgate is kid friendly as we usually have a handful of kids every tailgate. Post game tailgates are the best after a win...we usually grill up some coneys and pull out some other food and BS for about 45-75 mins (well after traffic clears). If we lose...usually we don't stay as long but we do bring out food and drink. Hope this helps.

I got my Fine Lot Pass in July or August I think after I started coming to this board. Years ago I had a parking pass on University but the lot turned into a parking garage and tailgating in a parking garage was nonexistant. If you have to sell a Friday night or two, you can always catch easy road games at Met Life or UMD. Both are much closer to CNJ than Syracuse is anyway!

Gotta love the food stamp seats. PeteCalvin and I have taken our sons there numerous times, although Pete really does prefer seats next to the urinals. I believe he enjoys the sights and smells, and he's always been a "handy" kinda fella as far as anonymous encounters in men's rooms go. Or so I've heard.

Anyway, when we've bought seasons, we've also gotten parking info, but requested Fine Lot when we could. When we get seasons again, we'll try to migrate to wherever the TexanMark/Cuseregular crew goes.

That's a great age for sure, and if you have any problems along 81 in the Binghamton area, there's a few of us board idiots who inhabit that region.
he better hope that roger springfield takes a plea bargin,otherwise his video might go viral when it's entered into court

Update: Looks like right now only Manley South/North lots are available. IMHO, there will be some spots come open in Stadium West after the season tix renewal period is over.

Best sporting event I have ever been to- SU Football at the Dome!

Congratulations!

Just a gut feeling but I see season ticket sales going up by 3-4000 this season. I hope they keep the $100 Food Stamp section available---a great way to get the casual fan in the door or to keep an occasional or distant fan buying seasons.

Mark there maybe a reduction in the amount of Fine lot passes SU offers this year due to the new dorm situation which made the Fine lot a quarter to half full for every game with student cars. The lot attendant told me he had to re-direct a bunch of cars to Standart who arrived closer to game time due to the lack of space. I think most of us should be fine but for those who are newbies if you can get Standart lot you are in pretty good shape.

I dont mind spending slightly more to get near a sideline.

Probably going to buy parking when I get my season ticket packet next month or so. I'll buy the best they have at the time, then call regularly over the spring and summer to see if anything in Zones A or B have opened up.

Refresh my memory...how long of a walk is it to Manley? I vaguely remember once making the trek down Comstock (I think) past the women's building, and it seemed far, but it was like 15 years ago so really no clue.

Probably going to buy parking when I get my season ticket packet next month or so. I'll buy the best they have at the time, then call regularly over the spring and summer to see if anything in Zones A or B have opened up.

Refresh my memory...how long of a walk is it to Manley? I vaguely remember once making the trek down Comstock (I think) past the women's building, and it seemed far, but it was like 15 years ago so really no clue.

Far enough where its a pain to walk.

That's why I grabbed Fine Lot. There should be more than enough parking lots available that wouldn't involve taking a bus from Manley or South Campus. I wouldn't sweat it. BTW, where in NJ are you?

I agree. The bus sucks and that is one reason I will never ever park at Manley.
So you let 690W hang by himself at Manley North?

I've done the walk before...if you are in shape and it isn't crappy weather I found the walk refreshing on gameday...especially carrying a cup of drink.

If Armory SQ/Mayor/University can work together...I'd love for them to bring back the train. I know the Trolley Lot is torn up right now...but my understanding is after the Sewer Project is done...part of the lot will be open again. I wonder if the University could lease the lot and turn it into a college parking lot on gameday.

I've done the walk before...if you are in shape and it isn't crappy weather I found the walk refreshing on gameday...especially carrying a cup of drink.

If Armory SQ/Mayor/University can work together...I'd love for them to bring back the train. I know the Trolley Lot is torn up right now...but my understanding is after the Sewer Project is done...part of the lot will be open again. I wonder if the University could lease the lot and turn it into a college parking lot on gameday.

thats like a 25-30 minute walk to get to the dome.

Is that where he parks? I thought he would get the VIP parking seeing he is a big shot.

That's why I grabbed Fine Lot. There should be more than enough parking lots available that wouldn't involve taking a bus from Manley or South Campus. I wouldn't sweat it. BTW, where in NJ are you?

East Brunswick, exit 9.

Only 15 minutes if you're in the north lot. Longer if you're on the other side of the field house. Different tailgating scene, though.

East Brunswick, exit 9.

I work one town over and live in Old Bridge, the boyhood home of TNIAAM.

So how many Block R magnets you have on your car? Wow, didn't realize you are at ground zero...and you seem so normal. :p

I fantasize about going into the parking lot here at work and replacing the red block Rs with orange block Ss. Luckily my business admin. has a daughter at SU to help me keep my sanity.

So how many Block R magnets you have on your car? Wow, didn't realize you are at ground zero...and you seem so normal. :p

You have no idea.

I WORKED at Rutgers for 3 years post graduation! I was despised around those parts come hoops season. Football...well...not so much around that time.

I am a native Bostonian...not a native of here. Always hated Rutgers always will...even while working there. haha

I work one town over and live in Old Bridge, the boyhood home of TNIAAM.

You know...one plus one equals the start of a Central NJ SU alumni club...as Mark says, this is ground zero. Strength in numbers.

We can have our meetings at the Tilted Kilt on Rte. 18. They have great, um, atmosphere.