just saying | Syracusefan.com

just saying

swish7

All Conference
last year we ended the regular season 1-4 and made the final 4. Just saying.

d'oh!

Actually, last season and this season weren't all that different, IMO. Biggest difference was Southerland vs. Cooney. SOutherland was a threat to hit a jump shot. Cooney is not.

Cooney's advantage over Southerland was that he had the potential to not be as one dimensional as Southerland. He chose not to use it. Southerland's advantage was the he was one dimensional, and actually good at that one thing. Until it matter most that is. Suck balls either way.

Cooney's advantage over Southerland was that he had the potential to not be as one dimensional as Southerland. He chose not to use it. Southerland's advantage was the he was one dimensional, and actually good at that one thing. Until it matter most that is. Suck balls either way.
Meaning, he consciously chose to miss all those shots? Not sure to what you are referring here. He was certainly better on D than JS was, IMO. Seemed to work harder.

Meaning, he consciously chose to miss all those shots? Not sure to what you are referring here. He was certainly better on D than JS was, IMO. Seemed to work harder.

he chose to not drive to the rim, all that often. That is what I am saying. he chose to be 1 dimensional, when he didn't have to. he seemed too obsessed with hitting the dagger 3.

he chose to not drive to the rim, all that often. That is what I am saying. he chose to be 1 dimensional, when he didn't have to. he seemed too obsessed with hitting the dagger 3.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

EDIT: And the more I think about it, ANY 3 in that game would have been a dagger. :bang:

Actually, last season and this season weren't all that different, IMO. Biggest difference was Southerland vs. Cooney. SOutherland was a threat to hit a jump shot. Cooney is not.

OMG...seriously? One word for you...Atlanta...

OMG...seriously? One word for you...Atlanta...

Yes I know. I still believe that if Cooney got hot we could get to another Final Four. That is the (very big) difference.

Yes I know. I still believe that if Cooney got hot we could get to another Final Four. That is the (very big) difference.

Southerland was a senior. Cooney will be back.

Southerland was a senior. Cooney will be back.

So? what's your point? Cooney could be better next year, but hes already been here 3 years. So I wont be holding my breath.

So? what's your point? Cooney could be better next year, but hes already been here 3 years. So I wont be holding my breath.

Okay, we'll agree to disagree...but one thing is almost certain. Trevor will be back and he will start as a Junior...

Weren't all that different?

How much better would this team have been with Triche at the 2 than Cooney?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom