Just some quick thoughts..., | Syracusefan.com

Just some quick thoughts...,

Jake

Mod
Really sloppy play by the backcourt tonight. Tried to go over the top of the zone waaaaay too much and it resulted in several turnovers. Hard to do with Riley in the middle. Mcw needs to be more patient on some home run passes. If its not a sure thing, hold onto it and wait for better opportunities.

Glad to see Trevor break his shot selection slump. Nobody makes rushed threes. He hit the best two looks he got. Patients grasshopper. The shots will come.

I can see this team struggling against a good zone. I didn't think we attacked it well to get good shots. Nobody flashed to the middle all night long.

Good learning lesson after the big win at Arkansas.

I can see this team struggling against a good zone. I didn't think we attacked it well to get good shots. Nobody flashed to the middle all night long.
James & CJ both did, but MCW didn't find them when they got there

I think they thought they could just walk through Eastern Michigan without any fight, they did , but it took a bit more time and some substitutions from jb until things clicked.

The James flash to the high post, receive pass, dump down to CJ for monster jam was one of nicest plays of night on offense. James also flashed and hit DC with a pass in the hands that went out of bounds if I recall correctly. We need more of that vs zones.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

The James flash to the high post, receive pass, dump down to CJ for monster jam was one of nicest plays of night on offense. James also flashed and hit DC with a pass in the hands that went out of bounds if I recall correctly. We need more of that vs zones.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
I think, by the time the "real" season kicks into high gear, James at the high post will be a staple of the offense.

It was just an ugly game. It was like watching someone club a baby seal with another baby seal.

as long as it isn't that one in cto's avatar, that one is pretty damn cute as far as baby seals go

Not like this....
baby2843.jpg

NOJE-18s34-seal-700_368.jpg

Now if I knew Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel's mother, I might ask for a pic of him as a child

Google image for baby seal also comes up with this
Hedi-Klum-Seal-Lou-Samuel-Baby-Photos.jpg

So there's that...

Where is the dislike button? As you may have noticed, my avatar is a baby seal.

I really should finish threads before clicking that little reply button

Oooh, I'm quaking in my custom baby seal leather boots.

It was just an ugly game. It was like watching someone club a baby seal with another baby seal.
Watching our team be impotent against our very own zone was like being devoured by our own young.

James & CJ both did, but MCW didn't find them when they got there
He found CJ a few times but CJ fumbled it. Doesn't look confident enough (or maybe quick enough) in the lane lately.

Where is the dislike button? As you may have noticed, my avatar is a baby seal.

I thought that was a Higglytown Hero!! (disclaimer: sorry, have a 7 year old who used to love that show)

For those who don't know the background about my baby seal... He's a real baby seal that was washed up onto my beach three years ago, battered and bruised and more dead than alive. After three months of seal rehab at Mystic Aquarium, he was released back into the ocean. In this picture, he is exiting the cat carrier that took him back to the ocean.

For those who don't know the background about my baby seal... He's a real baby seal that was washed up onto my beach, battered and bruised and more dead than alive. After three months of seal rehab at Mystic Aquarium, he was released back into the ocean. In this picture, he is in the cat carrier case that took him back to the ocean.
Cool! I never imagined that the seal was real.

Seems like a good place for some random thoughts

1)I thought MCW was trying to do a little too much last night. 11 assists is great, but 6 TO for the second game in a row. I understand he's going to turn the ball over if he's trying to make a lot of plays (and his assist rate is crazy high) but maybe one or two too many.
2) I started the game not being impressed by Coleman, and ended it being very impressed by him. Really good motor which is good considering the knock on him in h igh school was his weight. Still has some stuff to learn.
3) that first 10 minutes or so was incredibly ugly. I was never worried about losing but still not pretty.
4) CJ has just been ok this year, since that first game. I do expect him to lplay better.
5) Is it possible BMK is our best big?

I hope this season doesn't turn into the last 10 games of last year, where teams want to play SU in the most boring way possible and hold the ball for 30 seconds every possession and force SU to play in a half court set 40x a game. After ND, eeeeeevvveryyyonneeee played that way against Cuse.

I hope this season doesn't turn into the last 10 games of last year, where teams want to play SU in the most boring way possible and hold the ball for 30 seconds every possession and force SU to play in a half court set 40x a game. After ND, eeeeeevvveryyyonneeee played that way against Cuse.

That USF game was painful to watch

It will because running with us will result in a lose for our opponent almost every time.