Just some thoughts... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just some thoughts...

I agree very much with what you said Jake concerning Krautman's return. 4 FGs, 2 from >40 yds. How badly UConn sucks or doesn't suck does not take away from his kicking prowess in this game, which hopefully carries over. It could make the difference between a W and an L the rest of the season. Good job K.

I felt kind of bad when the camera showed P in the second half and he had that same eyes glazed over look that had become too common here.
It reminded me of his last SU game He made ZERO halftime adjustments Despite the score, his team had been dominated and he cganged nothing at half.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

It reminded me of his last SU game He made ZERO halftime adjustments Despite the score, his team had been dominated and he cganged nothing at half.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
I actually thought they made a good adjustment after SU went up 13-3 and we had them pinned on the 10 yard line. They were able to counter the blitz by hitting a couple of quick slants and then exploiting the soft parts of the secondary, going 90 yards to make it 13-10. When they hit that throwback to the TE for the touchdown, I was about to lose it. That was pretty much all they had though, and SU was able to dominate the rest of the game.

Statistically they were 6th in the country. They were also first in the BE in sacks. I would say that's pretty good.

Against? Look who they piled up stats against. We're the nest offense they have played. You saw what happened.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yes agreed and their D is better than people are giving it credit for. There was none of this talk about an average D before the game.

Uconn vs NC State (4-2)
gave up 258 yards and 10 points

Uconn vs Maryland (4-2)
gave up 205 yards and 21 pionts

Uconn vs Rutgers (6-0)
gave up 280 yards and 13 points

Uconn vs Syracuse (3-4)
gave up 502 yards and 40 points

I said it as did GO. Only thing I was worried about was sacks. But we did a nice jobthen in pass protection.

Enjoyable win, love to be able to sit here on a Saturday and realize we have already won our game for the week. It's a lot easier watching other teams win after we have won our game.

We beat a team we were supposed to win, I don't know if it was a case of Uconn giving up on coach p (according to uconn's board) or if it was a case of us bringing it all together, either way, I just hope we build on it and not go back to old ways. We need to tak this momentum into the rest of our games, one game at a time and build on this.

Uconns defense is good. I expected a win but the offense doesn't need any asterisks. That was impressive.balance is not usually a big concern of mine but this crew is best with balanced run pass

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hackett made a comment I totally agree with;
"We haven't really been blown out all year...played everyone tough. All our losses have been on us".
Thinking back, and taking into account "baby steps"- if we cut out the BS turnovers we probably have 2 more wins, and maybe...maybe, an upset vs USC.

"We haven't really been blown out all year...played everyone tough. All our losses have been on us".
Thinking back, and taking into account "baby steps"- if we cut out the BS turnovers we probably have 2 more wins, and maybe...maybe, an upset vs USC.

I liked that. Not coach-speak, just a factual statement.

Uconns defense is good. I expected a win but the offense doesn't need any asterisks. That was impressive.balance is not usually a big concern of mine but this crew is best with balanced run pass

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Good but far from fantastic. I'll take out D all day long over theirs. But our O was great last night and made a decent defense look bad.

Absolutely. Except for USC, we have as much talent as anyone we have played and are as good or better than all of them.

Absolutely. Except for USC, we have as much talent as anyone we have played and are as good or better than all of them.

100% truth. Marrone has done a really good job rebuilding the program with quality depth at pretty much all positions. The question is whether he can do the job on game day. Clearly I stand in the pro Marrone camp and believe our sloppiness is correctable. I get how some may believe that he won't get it done but I think everyone has to admit that the head coach has done a really good job program wise

Good but far from fantastic. I'll take out D all day long over theirs. But our O was great last night and made a decent defense look bad.

I also feel like beating a program that has dominated you for five years is a good thing regardless of circumstances. I think the UConn program is struggling under P (sorry P fans) and maybe we "should" have beaten them last year. But winning 40-10 after plenty of ugly losses to them is a good thing. How good their defense is really is irrelevent in the sense that it's really hard to tell how a team is going to play on any given week.

I said it as did GO. Only thing I was worried about was sacks. But we did a nice jobthen in pass protection.

GO said this was the 2nd best defense we'd face behind buttgers.

Well, a few things.

I was on the field last night - the UConn QB is just not very good - he missed a lot of open guys and was no threat to run. He made the task of defending the Huskies much easier. And he's better than the three guys they had last year.

Hey, we played a great game. We played better and we won and that's the most important thing.

I have made a mental note that a QB who threw for 296 yds with a 7.2 yd/attempt against us (with less than a zero running game in support) is not very good. I quess our pass defense is really bad.

GO said this was the 2nd best defense we'd face behind buttgers.

With us scoring 30+ points in a blowout.