Just talked about players | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just talked about players

The new Wisconsin coach spent all night calling every player on the team when he left Utah State.

Exactly, for all you calling me crazy, it can be done. It wouldn't take ten hours either. Just a short I'm sorry and i appreciate what you have done and ill see you Sunday. Maybe a 2 minute conversation each.

So let me get this straight. If you decide to interview for a new job (which in most cases, if you're to the point of interviewing you are open to leaving and not just posturing), you should inform those that report to you that you are interviewing and at that point resign from your job.

With the career advice on here, we'll all be at the soup line. Or riding the Turnip Truck if we're lucky.

Sports is a business. Marrone seized his opportunity and presumably got a huge pay raise. Marrone gave us 4 good years and a blue print for success. Now it is up to someone else to bring in their own notebook and execute. Don't forget that Marrone was the most tenured coach in the Big East at just 4 years. This kind of thing happens all the time in college football. Marrone took over this program at arguably the lowest point in its history and he has made us respectable again. There is no lack of integrity on Marrone's part. This is just Business 101. I wish him well.

So let me get this straight. If you decide to interview for a new job (which in most cases, if you're to the point of interviewing you are open to leaving and not just posturing), you should inform those that report to you that you are interviewing and at that point resign from your job.

With the career advice on here, we'll all be at the soup line. Or riding the Turnip Truck if we're lucky.
I would agree entirely if he had not been about to embark upon a very public, full court press for any and every available NFL hc job. I have no idea whether his SU contract let him do that, but for him to come back after his campaign for a new job would have been pretty much untenable.