Just think about how crushed we'd all be right now if... | Syracusefan.com

Just think about how crushed we'd all be right now if...

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
Just think about how crushed we'd all be right now if the ACC news were slightly different.

I think I'd be on suicide watch right now if all these outlets were reporting that "Pitt and UCONN" or "Pitt and (gasp) Rutgers" had applied to the ACC.

This board would have been in meltdown mode like never before.

The PROACTIVE element of this move - with regard to our much-maligned AD - cannot be overlooked.

I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself.

Three cheers for the Good Doctor!!!

Just think about how crushed we'd all be right now if the ACC news were slightly different.

I think I'd be on suicide watch right now if all these outlets were reporting that "Pitt and UCONN" or "Pitt and (gasp) Rutgers" had applied to the ACC.

This board would have been in meltdown mode like never before.

The PROACTIVE element of this move - with regard to our much-maligned AD - cannot be overlooked.

I'm so excited that I can hardly contain myself.

Three cheers for the Good Doctor!!!
Think? Turn back the clock 7 years and this was us. I don't think any of us have to think about how it feels, it sucks with a capital S to be left out and I really feel for the other teams in the conference, specifically WVU.

WVU, and a small part of me feels terrible for everyone involved. Oh well, ACC here we GO!

I'm happy we're being proactive. If we don't act on our own behalf, the rest of the world will leave us behind without question.

I feel for the schools that are (possibly) left behind. This whole conference reshuffling is a bunch of BS, and is a huge money grab. But, like I said, I'd rather be on the inside than left behind.

My real, overwhelming thought, however, is that this better not blow up in our f*cking faces again. The only thing worse than being viewed as a traitor (again), is being a failed traitor who gets left behind.

And not just for being proactive... but also for finding the right guy to make up for the first football coach he hired. Marrone has brought back our respectability the right way, and has been able to do so fast enough to make us a valuable asset again.

I'm happy we're being proactive. If we don't act on our own behalf, the rest of the world will leave us behind without question.

I feel for the schools that are (possibly) left behind. This whole conference reshuffling is a bunch of BS, and is a huge money grab. But, like I said, I'd rather be on the inside than left behind.

My real, overwhelming thought, however, is that this better not blow up in our f*cking faces again. The only thing worse than being viewed as a traitor (again), is being a failed traitor who gets left behind.

I can't imagine Pitt or SU officially applying unless they already had some agreement with the ACC.

I can't imagine Pitt or SU officially applying unless they already had some agreement with the ACC.

True, and I sincerely hope you're right, but 8 years ago I couldn't imagine SU hosting a big ACC visit and having a press conference without some agreement already in place.

happens.

It better not happen again.

True, and I sincerely hope you're right, but 8 years ago I couldn't imagine SU hosting a big ACC visit and having a press conference without some agreement already in place.

happens.

It better not happen again.

Difference this time around is there isn't a governor to demand they get their own way.