Just wanted to make sure i had it right | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just wanted to make sure i had it right

We are a completely different team when we work hard defensively. When we do, we generate turnovers, we get out in transition for easy scoring opportunities, we rebound better, and we play with an extra bounce in our step on the offensive side of the ball.

When we stand around or go through the motions defensively, everything suffers.

Are getting any post production? I can't watch.

So-so. Not for a big stretch of the first half, but both Rak and Coleman had solid games overall. Both had some really nice moments scoring in the paint in various ways. Coleman got some extra run today [developmental PT time] late.

We are a completely different team when we work hard defensively. When we do, we generate turnovers, we get out in transition for easy scoring opportunities, we rebound better, and we play with an extra bounce in our step on the offensive side of the ball.

When we stand around or go through the motions defensively, everything suffers.

Maybe it's due to the anger re: Fab Melo's last days, but I haven't seen much discussion of how much he meant to us last year. He blocked a lot of shots. He took a lot of charges. He had a lot of dunks and alley-oop dunks. All of which were Big Impact plays that didn't just result in change of possession or two points. They put an extra bounce in our step. We're not getting those this year. We're still scoring points, but against weak competition. Those impact plays will be missed when we're in tougher, scratch and claw games. I thought we'd get more of the above (minus the charges) from Christmas, and I'm disappointed at how 'below the rim' DC plays.

The rebounding - I'm worried JB likes a Keita+CJ+James lineup a bit too much. It might be effective in these early games, but boards are going to be tougher to come by, beginning... now.

We stink
We have no chemistry
This is like shumpert and deshaun teams
We suck offensively
Mcw is awful
Triche is awful

And we are up 21 at the half.

Premature anything is bad

Some of you are ridiculous.

F you haters
I had to click on the link at ESPN to see who "CCSU" was.

Maybe it's due to the anger re: Fab Melo's last days, but I haven't seen much discussion of how much he meant to us last year. He blocked a lot of shots. He took a lot of charges. He had a lot of dunks and alley-oop dunks. All of which were Big Impact plays that didn't just result in change of possession or two points. They put an extra bounce in our step. We're not getting those this year. We're still scoring points, but against weak competition. Those impact plays will be missed when we're in tougher, scratch and claw games. I thought we'd get more of the above (minus the charges) from Christmas, and I'm disappointed at how 'below the rim' DC plays.

The rebounding - I'm worried JB likes a Keita+CJ+James lineup a bit too much. It might be effective in these early games, but boards are going to be tougher to come by, beginning... now.

JB mentioned Fab on his show last week. Matt Park brought up the two stat lines Fab posted in the D-League games, and JB said that Fab has the ability to be great. He's young and needs time to learn, but he has the physical and athletic tools to be a solid NBA player. He went on to mention just how much Fab contributed to the success of last season's team. He was our strongest inside defender who blocked the most shots in the league and took like 40 charges on the year. There aren't many 7-footers who will take charges like that. You could tell that JB is still a big fan of Fab.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom