Just who is Eric Dungey? (Part 4) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Just who is Eric Dungey? (Part 4)

So true. However, my delete finger is ready for the game thread Friday.

You should hire a bot. Especially if the first series is 3 and out.

I think I’ve read that sentiment about our QBs every year for about a dozen years running. Maybe this time it’ll be true! And maybe Chad Elliot will qualify! ;)

I just mentally tried to go through all the names.

Cecil Howard - Can’t run or throw, but otherwise a very good QB

David Legree - I’ve got nothing. Neither did he.

Some other guy at the same time as Legree and I can’t even remember his obviously memorable name.

Andrew Robinson - Can’t throw a spiral but if no one covers Taj Smith or Mike Williams outjumps a DB, he’ll have a big day.

Austin Wilson - made long hair cool

Mitch Kimble - I think he could kinda run fast.

AJ Long - All 5 foot 9 of him.

Alin Eduord - Due to arrive anyday now.

I’d like to think Dungey and Dino changed our fate. DeVito could have gone anywhere. Amie will be great because I really really want him to be.

Some other guy at the same time as Legree and I can’t even remember his obviously memorable name.
I sorta remember that guy.

Haven't seen this much hype about a QB since the likes of Alin Edouard and Zach Allen. ;)

My own speculation is that ED and TD are two guys cut from entirely differently cloths:

One guy grew up playing every sport in the PAC NW and hardly got a sniff during recruitment at the local public High School while the other was raised to throw a football, had private coaches from the time he was a young lad, and went to a very esteemed private High School that plays big time football and sends kids the high-D1 route all the time.

Maybe ED feels that TD is a little bit entitled and has to earn his stripes before beating his chest? Again, pure speculation trying to put myself in other's shoes.
It said in one of the previous articles of this series that Dungey had private coaching too.

Too many people are reading way to much into these comments.

I am truly amazed by some of you posters. You have already have Tommy DeVito beaten out by Chance Aime based on "from what I've heard" bullcrap. How about we wait until they both take some live college snaps.

Thats not true at all, myself and maybe 1 other poster have talked Amie pushing DeVito. But nobody has ever said anything about him already beating out DeVito. It’s DeVitos job to lose next season but Amie is very good and imo might have more upside because of his size and legs. But just so we’re clear DeVito goes into spring #1.

On the flip side many have DeVito over Dungey based on nothing. Dungey is the best SU QB since McNabb and If things break right who knows what conversations he could be in this season.

It’s nice to have an elite 11 backup though and not a walkon.

Last edited:
Tim Lester says that ED is the best dual threat QB in college football. That could make him the best QB in college football, that's who Eric Dungey is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom