Just wondering | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Just wondering

Did you want him out a decade ago?

• Wanted him out both times

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Didn't want him out then but want him out now.

Votes: 19 95.0%

• Total voters
You had 982 views. And only 16 votes? Doesn't that suggest that there may be a lot of members with feelings more complicated than can be represented by your two poll options? Or don't need to deal with being put on A List or the attacks for not being an immutable fan? Even the question is too vague. What does "wanted him out" mean? What if the truest answer was "i wish he would have retired but i think he's earned the right to determine when that happens." And then, what if that answer has changed since then, based on the next ten years?
lol yeah the people who wanted/want him out really have a problem with the phrase "wanted him out"

I had a narrower goal: to see if it was the same people I was arguing with a decade ago.
You could have your accomplished your goal and also gained some insight about the larger picture if you had structured your question differently. That was my only point.

If either time you could guarantee me jay Wright next up I'd have said both (I recall the ribbing I took for that years ago). But only for him. Otherwise let it run til it no longer makes sense.

…you need to add additional voting possibilities and everyone needs to understand the experience of THIS team. First it’s a whole new team that hasn’t played together before – you put them in against a decent team and it’s anyone’s guess who is going to win. The top scorers on the team are usually White III, 15.0ppg., Lydon,12.2, Gillon, 9.6 Thompson 8.3, Battle 7.3 and Howard 7.5. That isn’t a whole lot of net, add in turnovers, missed foul shots,etc.. And some are going to blame this on JB after all he’s accomplished. I’ve been on this board for a loooooong time and I can’t believe the naysayers.

Possible re-vote questions:

O Who didn’t and doesn’t want JB out then and now?

O Who is going to stick with JB no matter what?

You have to look at everything he’s dealt with his entire career. He probably doesn’t know much about basketball now that he’s over the hill at 72?!!!!!