Class of 2015 - Justin Simon | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Justin Simon

Yamdat44

Walk On
Fast rising PG from Cali, went from unranked to number 1 in the position. Recent measurements say he is 6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan. Would be perfect in our zone D and offense, wonder why we aren't getting in on his recruitment to steal him. No big hitters on him yet.

Fast rising PG from Cali, went from unranked to number 1 in the position. Recent measurements say he is 6'5 with a 6'11 wingspan. Would be perfect in our zone D and offense, wonder why we aren't getting in on his recruitment to steal him. No big hitters on him yet.

Scout is the only site with him #1. Every other site has him as about the 12-15th best PG. We aren't going after him because he's from Cali and it's hard to beat Arizona, UCLA, SDSU for the west coast kids. I don't know why you say no big hitters are on him considering every west coast school offered him, and he's had coaches visits with Kansas and interest from Louisville.

Scout is the only site with him #1. Every other site has him as about the 12-15th best PG. We aren't going after him because he's from Cali and it's hard to beat Arizona, UCLA, SDSU for the west coast kids. I don't know why you say no big hitters are on him considering every west coast school offered him, and he's had coaches visits with Kansas and interest from Louisville.

We've had Cali guards before, one is an assistant here another at USC. To me the only big hitter west coast school now is Arizona, and they have already had Tyler Dorsey commit, so no need for Simon who is exactly the same. USC and San Diego St. are not big time. UCLA just lost to Stanford, and has guards in the stable with Ball coming in 2016. I don't see why we couldn't offer more with Ennis NBA bound. HS players are always talking about "fit" lately and he could fit very well into our system. I know Cuse sticks to the East Coast for recruiting but it couldn't hurt to have Coach Hop send a feeler out for interest. He has no offers from Kansas or Louisville right now so until they do offer I wouldn't consider those schools as seriously targeting Simon. And he will be number 1 pg on Rivals, Scout, and 24/7 by the summer.

We've had Cali guards before, one is an assistant here another at USC. To me the only big hitter west coast school now is Arizona, and they have already had Tyler Dorsey commit, so no need for Simon who is exactly the same. USC and San Diego St. are not big time. UCLA just lost to Stanford, and has guards in the stable with Ball coming in 2016. I don't see why we couldn't offer more with Ennis NBA bound. HS players are always talking about "fit" lately and he could fit very well into our system. I know Cuse sticks to the East Coast for recruiting but it couldn't hurt to have Coach Hop send a feeler out for interest. He has no offers from Kansas or Louisville right now so until they do offer I wouldn't consider those schools as seriously targeting Simon. And he will be number 1 pg on Rivals, Scout, and 24/7 by the summer.
No shot at this kid. The whole Pac-12 is after him and he'll most likely stay on the West Coast. I do wish that we would recruit more nationally, but as long as JB is around I think we'll mostly stay East Coast dominant with our recruiting. Hop currently holds no weight out on the West Coast and you need to have strong connections with the AAU guys to even get a sniff of the majority of the players out there. JB is at a point where he's not going to waste his time flying around to please these scumbags. Check the history when JB dissed the Pump Brothers, who used to hold all of the weight when it came to West Coast talent. We have strong connects in the East and will continue to dominate that market. Only way that we'll seriously recruit somebody outside of the East is if JB feels that he has a realistic shot at the player. I do feel whenever Hop takes over that he'll try to recruit more nationally.

No shot at this kid. The whole Pac-12 is after him and he'll most likely stay on the West Coast. I do wish that we would recruit more nationally, but as long as JB is around I think we'll mostly stay East Coast dominant with our recruiting. Hop currently holds no weight out on the West Coast and you need to have strong connections with the AAU guys to even get a sniff of the majority of the players out there. JB is at a point where he's not going to waste his time flying around to please these scumbags. Check the history when JB dissed the Pump Brothers, who used to hold all of the weight when it came to West Coast talent. We have strong connects in the East and will continue to dominate that market. Only way that we'll seriously recruit somebody outside of the East is if JB feels that he has a realistic shot at the player. I do feel whenever Hop takes over that he'll try to recruit more nationally.

Thank you Francis, didn't realize we were no longer connected at all out West. I feel the same way as far as recruiting nationally, but I'm still happy with the haul JB has bringing in the last few years. It's a shame that being number one and historically one of the best programs isn't enough to get you in the door. AAU coaches have been given too much power.

Thank you Francis, didn't realize we were no longer connected at all out West. I feel the same way as far as recruiting nationally, but I'm still happy with the haul JB has bringing in the last few years. It's a shame that being number one and historically one of the best programs isn't enough to get you in the door. AAU coaches have been given too much power.
Funny how what I say doesn't take any clout with you but once Francis backs me up you take it as gold.

Funny how what I say doesn't take any clout with you but once Francis backs me up you take it as gold.

Difference was he explained why we have no west coast clout and burned aau bridges while you just negatively attacked my post. If you explained your reasoning beyond saying other schools want him, I would've been content to agree. The purpose of my original post is just to point out there are players out there like Simon we are not recruiting, but would be good for the program. If there is a good reason why they aren't be recruited I'm happy to learn about it. But saying other schools have offered means nothing, because any good recruit will have lots of offers...what matters is does the recruit not like the northeast, want to stay close to home, have an aau handler that doesn't like us, etc.? If you tell me about things like that I'm going to take your word for it and say oh well better luck next recruit.

I thought it was pretty self-explanatort why we have no west-coast clout. When your rationale that we can recruit out west was by saying we had our assistant play for us in the late 80's-early 90's from there, it explained my point perfectly which is the last guy we had from out west was over two decades ago. And the reason we dont recruit players like Simon is because geographically, it isn't worth the battle when Arizona, UCLA, and SDSU are getting top 50 recruits every year like clockwork.

I also just said that only Scout has him as the #1 PG, where you said by the Summer, everyone would have him as #1, without much to back up that statement. All I know is that there's a PG by the name of Malik Newman, and he'll most likely stay #1

I thought it was pretty self-explanatort why we have no west-coast clout. When your rationale that we can recruit out west was by saying we had our assistant play for us in the late 80's-early 90's from there, it explained my point perfectly which is the last guy we had from out west was over two decades ago. And the reason we dont recruit players like Simon is because geographically, it isn't worth the battle when Arizona, UCLA, and SDSU are getting top 50 recruits every year like clockwork.

I also just said that only Scout has him as the #1 PG, where you said by the Summer, everyone would have him as #1, without much to back up that statement. All I know is that there's a PG by the name of Malik Newman, and he'll most likely stay #1

Jason Hart, Sean Williams

Malik is a SG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom