Class of 2018 - K Cory Smigel (OH) PWO Committed to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 K Cory Smigel (OH) PWO Committed to Syracuse

I really think schools like have 1 punter 1 kicker and then some cross training for backup. You only have so many kicks in your leg for practice and spreading that out to be good at both is pretty hard.. if it was something morth worthwhile pro teams would do it so they could carry one less guy.

Eric should also be a gunner.

Will Eric have time for PK duties?

He'll already be QB1.
And he'll be also named Head Coach when Tennessee hires Dino away because SU won't offer enough money.
th

Every year the top HS kicker in the country should want to come to SU. It's a Dome! It can make a career.

Every year the top HS kicker in the country should want to come to SU. It's a Dome! It can make a career.
While I don't disagree, I don't imagine most would want to come and be PWOs when they can get offers somewhere. And they wouldn't want to do it to be backups if we have established kickers.

Orange Football Welcomes Mid-Year Enrollees

Smigel, a 5-8, 150-pound placekicker and punter, graduated from Ohio's North Royalton High School in 2016. As a senior, he was named the Bears' special teams MVP. Smigel averaged 37.1 yards per punt in his final scholastic campaign, including a season-long of 61 yards, and connected on 17-of-18 PATs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom