K Post Game: Very Nice Comments about Syracuse and Jim Boeheim | Syracusefan.com

K Post Game: Very Nice Comments about Syracuse and Jim Boeheim

refreshing to see a coach not at war with the media and running down his own players

to be fair i didn't see a lot of blatant duke flops or K lobbying for ghost calls. he seemed rather composed on the bench all game. had we been treated to the flop and cry circus i'm sure many here would not be quite so magnanimous . he was kind and gracious in defeat.

7:18 to 8:36 makes it very difficult to dislike this guy. Dang.
Growing up in the '80's and '90's, I always hated Duke and by association Coach K. Over last few seasons, I've actually grown to appreciate him, even if I still hate Duke. He is always a class act. It cannot be easy to endure a press conference after a loss like that, however, he was unbelievably calm and open with the media. He is absolutely one of the elite at his profession.

Last night, after listening to the section of the video you referenced, I reflected on how fortunate we've been to have Jim Boeheim as the coach of Syracuse basketball. I don't always agree with him; sometimes think he's a pompous @ss; and have many moments of irrational thought about his decision making. Even so, if any non-Syracuse fan were to state what I just did in my presence, I'll be damned if I don't fly off the handle defending him.

For many of us, we are only privy to Jim's public persona. We all should give credence to what Coach K said last night about Boeheim. In a profession where competition is fierce, as everyone is focused on building their legacy and brand, it's unusual for an elite coach to give anything other than the canned answers. He seemed like he wanted to make a point of saying what he said last night. Made me wonder...

He KNOWS how unfairly JB has been treated by the NCAA. He also knows JB is better than him.

he knows even better how unfairly he's treated by many of the people of Syracuse: "they don't realize what a treasure they have here."

Several thing; He said a lot of things that JB says after a loss. "Our transition offense was bad" - We missed layup (JB) We missed wide open good shots (both). Yeah it is the way they say it that makes it different. Then there was a reporter who told K that K knows more than he does. Has any reporter ever said that to JB? Some seem to imply they know more! Reporters complimenting a losing coach. Doesn't happen in Syracuse! And lastly every one here should listen over and over again to the last several minutes of K's presser. He tells us that we should be thrilled to have what we have. He praises JB more that any of SU fan has done on the=is forum. So when people here defend JB, remember Coach K's words.

He KNOWS how unfairly JB has been treated by the NCAA. He also knows JB is better than him.
Don't quite have the right emoji's for what I want to express. I wasn't rolling on the floor laughing, but I certainly enjoyed what you just said

Growing up in the '80's and '90's, I always hated Duke and by association Coach K. Over last few seasons, I've actually grown to appreciate him, even if I still hate Duke. He is always a class act. It cannot be easy to endure a press conference after a loss like that, however, he was unbelievably calm and open with the media. He is absolutely one of the elite at his profession.

Last night, after listening to the section of the video you referenced, I reflected on how fortunate we've been to have Jim Boeheim as the coach of Syracuse basketball. I don't always agree with him; sometimes think he's a pompous @ss; and have many moments of irrational thought about his decision making. Even so, if any non-Syracuse fan were to state what I just did in my presence, I'll be damned if I don't fly off the handle defending him.

For many of us, we are only privy to Jim's public persona. We all should give credence to what Coach K said last night about Boeheim. In a profession where competition is fierce, as everyone is focused on building their legacy and brand, it's unusual for an elite coach to give anything other than the canned answers. He seemed like he wanted to make a point of saying what he said last night. Made me wonder...
Its easy to be calm when you KNOW you are in the tournament. Also could say, its easy to be calm when you know that your every mistake is not criticized and that your are worshiped by the press. ie, reporter telling him that K know more than he does.

to be fair i didn't see a lot of blatant duke flops or K lobbying for ghost calls. he seemed rather composed on the bench all game. had we been treated to the flop and cry circus i'm sure many here would not be quite so magnanimous . he was kind and gracious in defeat.
I agree I thought it was amazing. Anyone who hasn't watched the presser should watch it. It was amazing.

As far as K's reactions on the bench being calmer, I think he is still not healed up from his back surgery. I wonder how much longer he is going to coach.

K said JB was "brilliant, competitive and loyal"

Of course, what does he know? K doesn't realize the real basketball brilliance and coaching expertise is on here after every SU loss

He'd probably think that suggestion was ludicrous.

I liked what you wrote so much that I copied it and sent it to my Duke friends (including one brother). I hope you don't mind!

I liked what you wrote so much that I copied it and sent it to my Duke friends (including one brother). I hope you don't mind!
No problem with it at all. Meant what I said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom