K will have parker at the high post | Syracusefan.com

K will have parker at the high post

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
He waited too long to do that in the first game, I expect to see Parker there from the start tomorrow. I think we gotta stay home on the shooters which means Parker would have a big scoring game. We can't let them go off from 3 or it could be over quick, defend the 3 and let Parker get his. We won't win if they hit double digit 3s.

He waited too long to do that in the first game, I expect to see Parker there from the start tomorrow. I think we gotta stay home on the shooters which means Parker would have a big scoring game. We can't let them go off from 3 or it could be over quick, defend the 3 and let Parker get his. We won't win if they hit double digit 3s.

I would also give Amile Jefferson that shot as well. I dont care if they score all their buckets inside the arc. Like you said limit their 3 pointers and more importantly their second chance points and free throw opportunities and we will be fine.

exactly what is jabari parker's position at the next level. could he play the 2?

Makes sense to me but not convinced. He didnt do it much in first game and then last night when unc went zone i saw him mostly near baseline?

man Baye better be ready/able to give us big minutes tomorrow

That is mt biggest worry. Jefferson was no threat at all at the foul line first game, but when they put Parker there, we got exposed - he can make plays. Luckily ge got his 4th shortly thereafter, and had to sit again or I think it would've hurt us immencely...

Where did k play Parker last night when UNC went 2-3 zone on them?

Thought it was more of a 1-3-1, but I think he had Jefferson there? Anyone...

Back in the day they played a LOT of 1-3-1. You knew it was coming because the PG held up 3 fingers as they went back on D. I saw Paige doing it last night, too.

parker at the post and him putting the ball on the floor will get rak fouled out in about 5 minutes.

i think they'll attack rak early and often knowing keita is on the shelf.
afraid so

Reactions: MGP
Best bet is to try & draw an early charge on him to rattle him a bit. He sometimes has a tendancy to go elbows flying to the tin. A couple quick ones on him could change the game quickly...

If you haven't already seen it, check out the story on Parker in SI. Oh, also a short story on a young Canadian that's playing pretty good ball.

Jack Hall said:
Makes sense to me but not convinced. He didnt do it much in first game and then last night when unc went zone i saw him mostly near baseline?

I'll be surprised if it's not Parker or wood. I hope they put Jefferson there like at the start of the first game, won't have to guard him, but I doubt it.

The more possessions Parker isn't on the free throw line, the better for us.

He fits the mold of the high post zone player to a T.

parker at the post and him putting the ball on the floor will get rak fouled out in about 5 minutes.

Is it confirmed that Keita is out? I assume it's just speculation based on him not playing in the 2nd half of the BC game?

I think they will attack Rak, too. Often.

Guessing that Jefferson will be at the post and Parker will be at the low blocks with shooters sliding to both wings. Jefferson will attack the basket to draw the 5 and Parker will step in from low blocks. If you use the strong side to slide to Parker, wing will be open. That's pretty much what they did first time around, and drilled 3s. When we tried to take that away, Jefferson and Parker scored at will on inside.

I think we will again look to take the inside scoring away and take our chances with the 3s. Parker is going to score; need to limit Jefferson this time. Rak needs a huge game on the boards.

duke really has everything to score against our zone, if we continue to struggle offensively we're gonna lose big. hopefully the more open style of play will be just what the doctor ordered for our O

According to Dan Dakitch last night on his preview of the SU-Duke game, the game stats from the 1 st meeting show that when Duke had Jefferson at the high post they had their most effective offense PPP. Parker and Hood were far less effective there.

According to Dan Dakitch last night on his preview of the SU-Duke game, the game stats from the 1 st meeting show that when Duke had Jefferson at the high post they had their most effective offense PPP. Parker and Hood were far less effective there.

Agree with Dakich. If they move Parker from the low post, they have no one down low who can finish effectively. They need 2 Parkers and only have one. Jefferson isn't bad at the high post though. I am pretty sure that is a better combo than Parker at the high post and Jefferson at the low post...

duke really has everything to score against our zone

True - but mathematically is it better to give up 15 3's or 15 2's?

Someone put neckbraces on Ennis and Cooney so they can't turn and look for the ball when it enters the high post. That cost SU about 30 points in the last meeting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom