K will have parker at the high post | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

K will have parker at the high post

Is it confirmed that Keita is out? I assume it's just speculation based on him not playing in the 2nd half of the BC game?

no he's not out, but he's not a 100% and in a game where JB slammed Rak he only played keita 2 minutes. so he might as well be out.

Most games against zone Parker plays the baseline. I expect him to be there tomorrow. For whatever reason K likes Jefferson with the ball at the high post. It may be because he is just a better passer/decision maker than Parker at this point.

As for the game tomorrow, there seems to be a good amount of pessimism on the board, and since Albanycuse is MIA it needs to be said that we have a really good chance at winning tomorrow. I know we lost to BC, but c'mon. We are playing at Duke, but this isn't 92 Duke. They've lost 6 games for a reason. They are playing just as bad on offense as we are. Neither teams are making shots right now. Forcing them to make 2's tomorrow is the way to go. They had problems the first game with our length, and there is no reason why they wouldn't tomorrow. We need to rebound, and we are in good shape. Oh yeah by the way they looked lost against Carolinas junk zone last night and committed 12 turnovers.

EDIT: One other thing I forgot to add that is in our favor. When we are on offense they cannot stop dribble penetration. We should get to the rim all day. ZERO shotblocking for the Dukies.

He waited too long to do that in the first game, I expect to see Parker there from the start tomorrow. I think we gotta stay home on the shooters which means Parker would have a big scoring game. We can't let them go off from 3 or it could be over quick, defend the 3 and let Parker get his. We won't win if they hit double digit 3s.

I think if Parker plays the high post, we turn him into a mid-range jump shooter and take away their best low post scorer. He was very effective inside last time. I think Coach K is doing us a favor if he moves him out of the low blocks.

Makes sense to me but not convinced. He didnt do it much in first game and then last night when unc went zone i saw him mostly near baseline?

Yes, he's like Carmelo. He's damn near unstoppable working the baseline. You can't count on Amile Jefferson to be your only low post threat.

Is it confirmed that Keita is out? I assume it's just speculation based on him not playing in the 2nd half of the BC game?

I get the sense that his knee is not that stable. I think he might have more serious problems that just a sprain. I'll bet there's some ligament damage.

I get the sense that his knee is not that stable. I think he might have more serious problems that just a sprain. I'll bet there's some ligament damage.
They wouldn't be trotting him out there with ligament damage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom