Kadary and Pitino | Syracusefan.com

Kadary and Pitino

A lot of good stuff in here if you're interested.

Good read.

It’s tough because he’s a bit like the quiet version of Dion. Not in their game but in the situation of where he probably gets over the emotional stuff in year two and then has a massive career in Orange. He was good at SHU but certainly coasted plenty and seems he recognizes that. The portal is both good and bad in that way. Richmond’s talent would have been on full display in year 2 here and he wouldn’t have needed 5 years to be getting to the NBA. That’s even with JB here. That team had a lot of good pieces that had they just stayed could have been a lot of fun and a much better way to send off JB.

A lot of good stuff in here if you're interested.

I hope he does well. I’d like to see him become a star in the NBA and disprove my suppositions about his conditioning. Whatever he does for St John’s/Pitino is kinda irrelevant to us.

Glad it's a lovefest between Kadary and JB nowadays. Would have loved to see a homecoming this year. He would have made this team seriously better.

Yeah - St John’s has a major money guy and a limited window with Pitino to make the most of it so not surprising they went all out again.

They said on WFAN that the exhibition game tonight between SJU and Rutgers was on the Big 10 Network. Was the game for charity and proceeds went to a cause? Is that how an exhibition between big name schools can be televised and fans can attend by buying tix? I'm guessing this wasn't a closed exhibition with no fans and no TV.

They said on WFAN that the exhibition game tonight between SJU and Rutgers was on the Big 10 Network. Was the game for charity and proceeds went to a cause? Is that how an exhibition between big name schools can be televised and fans can attend by buying tix? I'm guessing this wasn't a closed exhibition with no fans and no TV.

Yes, the NCAA will allow two Division I teams to play each other in the preseason if it's an exhibition for charity. According to the recap, proceeds from Thursday night's game went to the Dick Vitale Pediatric Cancer Research Fund and the V Foundation.