Kadary Richmond | Syracusefan.com

Kadary Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
UAlbany not that good, but Richmond is easily the most dominant player on the court. He's a lot bigger than he was as a freshmen. Should have a nice season and will be curious what kind of looks he gets at the pro level as he's still not a 3 point shooter.

Last edited:
Kadary means no Judah and probably no JJ so I’m okay with it. Also, pretty weird seeing Quincy playing for Illinois last night. He should’ve stayed here (as we have said before).
Quincy is a perfect example of how good JB could be at putting kids in a position to succeed. But some players can't accept that they aren't what they think they are.

Came in as a freshman with Joe and Jesse. Check out this roster. 2019-20 Men's Basketball Roster - Syracuse University Athletics
Crazy to see how many players on that roster transferred out (yes I know Joe and Jesse graduated). Have to think that the extra year due to Covid and new rule of not having to sit out were the main reasons. Would be interesting to see what players would have stayed if the rule was still that transfers had to sit out a year.

Quincy is a perfect example of how good JB could be at putting kids in a position to succeed. But some players can't accept that they aren't what they think they are.
JB had issues with putting certain kids in a position to succeed the last couple years of his career. Think we should be fair and be able to acknowledge that

JB had issues with putting certain kids in a position to succeed the last couple years of his career. Think we should be fair and be able to acknowledge that

He had issues with players being able to succeed when given the chance, too.

It would have been nice to see Kadary develop here. Probably would have been a 30 minute guy his sophomore year and the primary piece his junior year. Nice to see him getting there as a senior at Seton Hall.

"Could be" was very carefully chosen haha

3 point shooting is such a big part of the NBA game. He’ll make a roster, no doubt. But, to stick around or get significant minutes, he’s going to have to improve that part of his game.
It's hardly the end-all-be-all when are as talented as Kadary. He is a big, strong guard with a great handle and remains as gifted a passer as he ever was

It's hardly the end-all-be-all when are as talented as Kadary. He is a big, strong guard with a great handle and remains as gifted a passer as he ever was

It’s not the be-all-end-all, but it is tough to get a lot of minutes when you’re not a shooter. The non-shooters who have pulled it off tend to be elite at the other stuff. Kadary is very good, probably short of elite though.

It’s not the be-all-end-all, but it is tough to get a lot of minutes when you’re not a shooter. The non-shooters who have pulled it off tend to be elite at the other stuff. Kadary is very good, probably short of elite though.
I just watch Kadary and I see a guy with a long NBA career. Not saying he's a star at the next level but he is a pro 100% imo

I just watch Kadary and I see a guy with a long NBA career. Not saying he's a star at the next level but he is a pro 100% imo
Not saying yes or no, but he needs to be able to keep defenses honest. Yes he has good skills but I don't know who a good comp would be. Most big point guards in the NBA can shoot the ball. I don't think he's Ben Simmons.

Crazy to see how many players on that roster transferred out (yes I know Joe and Jesse graduated). Have to think that the extra year due to Covid and new rule of not having to sit out were the main reasons. Would be interesting to see what players would have stayed if the rule was still that transfers had to sit out a year.
That extra covid year of eligibility didn’t do us any favors. Never had a 5th year player, Joe and Jesse would have just graduated as Orange instead of transferring, and we had to play older teams.

Yeah, Marek and Malik are not centers and it probably wasn’t in their professional interests to play there. Not sure what it means, to be good at ‘putting players in the best situation to succeed.’ Which coaches aren’t doing that?

UAlbany not that good, but Richmond is easily the most dominant player on the court. He's a lot bigger than he was as a freshmen. Should have a nice season and will be curious what kind of looks he gets at the pro level as he's still not a 3 point shooter.
He attempted 1 three pointer. Seems like a rash judgement.

Yeah, Marek and Malik are not centers and it probably wasn’t in their professional interests to play there. Not sure what it means, to be good at ‘putting players in the best situation to succeed.’ Which coaches aren’t doing that?
Apparently, the coaches of the teams that most SU transfers ended up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom