Kadray can't shoot it a lick | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kadray can't shoot it a lick

He just said he hasn’t made any and even he was making shots. He was pretty complimentary overall
No. he basically said that even Richmond, who can't shoot a lick, made a 3. He was complimentary overall. But that statement was a left handed compliment.

Narrative. He’s been in the 70s all year from the FT line, and shot the midrange pull up jumper ok.

3 point % on like 15 attempts is low. He’s not Pace or Stevie. “Can’t shoot it a lick” isn’t really an accurate assessment, but I hope all our opponents are similarly misinformed.

No. he basically said that even Richmond, who can't shoot a lick, made a 3. He was complimentary overall. But that statement was a left handed compliment.

Sounds like typical insecure coach-speak, like “hey what could we possibly do if even that guy is hitting them!”

Those are the words of the Va Tech coach in his post game presser. Something I think I will do from now on. Watch both coaches pressers.
Mike Young? Weird comment, seeing as Kadary made a three against them. Everyone knows that’s his one weakness, though overstated. As JB said, he’ll improve in the offseason once he has time to work with Gmac on fixing his shot mechanics.

Mike Young? Weird comment, seeing as Kadary made a three against them. Everyone knows that’s his one weakness, though overstated. As JB said, he’ll improve in the offseason once he has time to work with Gmac on fixing his shot mechanics.
That is basically what he said---Kadary isn't a shooter and made a three. It was just that kinda day etc.

As JB said, he’ll improve in the offseason once he has time to work with Gmac on fixing his shot mechanics.
tenor.gif

Young is not “that guy.” This is taken out of context a bit.
Yeah, I didn't hear the interview, just going by the OP

I actually dont think thats what he meant. I think he was referring to the amount of jump shots kadary takes, not the frequency at which he makes them.

I actually dont think thats what he meant. I think he was referring to the amount of jump shots kadary takes, not the frequency at which he makes them.
This.this. This. We are 40 responses into this thread, and dasher didn’t do this on purpose, but the quote isn’t even accurate. He said “Kadary DOESN’T even shoot a lick“. He was referring to FREQUENCY of shots. He didn’t say he “can’t” This is one of those times where it’s not just semantics. I think that one word changes the context. The title of the post isn’t even accurate. Again, not intentional by Dasher.

Regardless of context, and what or what not VT's coach meant to say, at the end of the day who really cares what he said about Kadary?

We mopped the floor with them... The players will hear whatever they hear and use it as motivation for the next go around.

Take that L Hokies.

Huh, kind of ironic coming from a coach who's team missed nearly 70% of their shots and got smoked by 18. Unless there was other context, kinda classless.
I'll do you one better than "other context". He never actually said the quote in this thread.

Putting this here because I'm too lazy, and frankly don't think we need yet another Kadary thread. But I noticed that Clark last night also can't shoot a lick. But he ripped us to shreds. Why is it when those of us who want to see more Richmond on the floor attacking and setting other players up for good shots we hear the lame 'other teams lay off him' crap? He doesn't need to be a high volume three point shooter when we have supposed shooters like Girard and Boeheim and Griffin and even Bras and Newton. Let KR do the things he does well (which weren't out in force last night unfortunately) and the offense will be fine. And the defense will be better.

Think the UVA board goes off about Clark's 3 point shooting percentages like some do here about Richmond? I doubt it highly.

Maybe Kadary has a conscience and doesn't take shots he's not confident of hitting.

There's a difference between that and jacking up a shot every time you touch it because
"it's a shot he can make." Everyone on the team can make shots, but when they are not
making them, there comes a point where they need to stop taking them.

I don't get how Clark, at 5'9", was able to get so wide open in the middle. He's not tall,
so you couldn't throw it over the top of the zone to him, but he was so open in the middle
that bounce passes worked.

Putting this here because I'm too lazy, and frankly don't think we need yet another Kadary thread. But I noticed that Clark last night also can't shoot a lick. But he ripped us to shreds. Why is it when those of us who want to see more Richmond on the floor attacking and setting other players up for good shots we hear the lame 'other teams lay off him' crap? He doesn't need to be a high volume three point shooter when we have supposed shooters like Girard and Boeheim and Griffin and even Bras and Newton. Let KR do the things he does well (which weren't out in force last night unfortunately) and the offense will be fine. And the defense will be better.

Think the UVA board goes off about Clark's 3 point shooting percentages like some do here about Richmond? I doubt it highly.
We actually did a good job of letting Clark have space to shoot. The problem is he didn't shoot, and instead just found better shooters who shot, and made them, many times directly at the rim, aka a dunk.

We actually did a good job of letting Clark have space to shoot. The problem is he didn't shoot, and instead just found better shooters who shot, and made them, many times directly at the rim, aka a dunk.
Exactly what I think Richmond should be doing. A pass first point guard is truly a weapon in today's game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom