Kaleb Joseph emerging as a team leader | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph emerging as a team leader

Great. Thanks, guys! All this talk of how great Kaleb looked in our first exhibition has convinced me to pull the trigger on the $6.95 to watch it on OAA, as much as I hate that service. Is the quality any better than it was a couple of years ago? One of the main reasons why I stopped subscribing was that I got tired of opening my wallet to watch a bunch of blurry blobs of pixels moving around instead of basketball players.

Nah, it was pretty poor quality [watching it life]. I'm a big hi-def guy, so it was unusual to watch it on TV but have such a blurry, pixelated transmission.

Great. Thanks, guys! All this talk of how great Kaleb looked in our first exhibition has convinced me to pull the trigger on the $6.95 to watch it on OAA, as much as I hate that service. Is the quality any better than it was a couple of years ago? One of the main reasons why I stopped subscribing was that I got tired of opening my wallet to watch a bunch of blurry blobs of pixels moving around instead of basketball players.

This exhibition was much better than previous years but its only good compared to what it used to be not compared to other productions. BTW I'd recommend paying 10.95 for a month, its only 4 more dollars and you can get the next exhibition game as well. Just remember to cancel it at the end of the month or they may try to auto subscribe you to a month 2 month.

RF2044 said:
And I don't make that comparison lightly. Sherman Douglas is my all-time favorite player, and the best point guard to ever don the Syracuse uniform. One of the program greats, with preternatural lead guard capabilities the likes of which we haven't seen from any other player.

It is unfair to compare a frosh who just played his first game to one of the greatest players in program history--especially the one that redefined the PG position at Syracuse. But I see a lot of similarities between the way The General played and how Joseph seems to play.

We could be in for a treat.

Agree with everything you said. I can't wait to see this team grow. Instead of seeing a team peak in January, we could see this team develop throughout the season and have a great run in March. But, that is just the optimist in me. My optimism is based on the leadership and chemistry that usually follows strong leadership.

I bought the one month deal at 10.95 and watched the archived version of the Carleton... it was great, plenty clear and streamed well

What is the story on "he gone?" I know it's a reference to guys leaving early but did someone in sports/ basketball actually say, "he gone" at some point?
Hawk Harrelson

The amazing thing to me was that as a freshman in his first game against a veteran squad who has played together much more is how much pressure Kaleb put on the defense. Thats something we really missed last year. I still see him as a shabazz napier type with that pull up jumpshot and crafty ability to get to the rim. More than that though he simply just puts a ton of pressure on the opponent in his ability to get out quickly and attack. Its something you can see affects both sides of the ball for carleton as well. Instead of like last year where you could poke and prod as we were not uptempo at all along with not having to worry about rushing 4 guys back, this year the guards have to be ready to transition from offense to transition defense quickly. That ability alone is a game changer. It also reduces the concern over a lack of consistent outside shooting. Having the ability to attack more off the dribble and a guy like Kaleb who the defense is forced to respect his ability to score is huge. Its a big reason why the fab melo year where he screwed us on a title run, we were so good. Scoop and Dion could just attack off rebounds so well and put the defense on its heels.

Uptempo and zone can work well together. Zone and methodical approach turned us into an orange version of Pitt to an extent last year. Good solid regular season team but not dynamic enough to make a run. Joseph is a great fit and good guard to have vs ACC foes where we have to be able to score.

Uptempo and zone can work well together. Zone and methodical approach turned us into an orange version of Pitt to an extent last year. Good solid regular season team but not dynamic enough to make a run. Joseph is a great fit and good guard to have vs ACC foes where we have to be able to score.

I believe this is something that wore us all down as fans last season. The season just became such a grind after that Duke in the Dome game. Every team refused to run or shoot quickly at all after that game and it was already headed that way prior. It seemed like everything was hard to accomplish and took a long time those last 12 games.

Nah, it was pretty poor quality [watching it life]. I'm a big hi-def guy, so it was unusual to watch it on TV but have such a blurry, pixelated transmission.
I'm with you as an HD snob... stuff costs too much, with all the display, stereo, mounting cost, connections, multi-speakers, etc ... to get a crappy picture. Recently got a 4k set .. but have yet to figure out where the 4k content is coming from.

I'm with you as an HD snob... stuff costs too much, with all the display, stereo, mounting cost, connections, multi-speakers, etc ... to get a crappy picture. Recently got a 4k set .. but have yet to figure out where the 4k content is coming from.

Just got a new 65 inch 4k and although its really nice.. I personally don't see how it is so much better then the previous 1080p while watching it. Both look damn good to me as HD beats the hell out of SD.

Just got a new 65 inch 4k and although its really nice.. I personally don't see how it is so much better then the previous 1080p while watching it. Both look damn good to me as HD beats the hell out of SD.

At some point no matter how much better the resolution and definition the human eye will no longer be able to pick up the difference. We have to be close to that right?

At some point no matter how much better the resolution and definition the human eye will no longer be able to pick up the difference. We have to be close to that right?

exactly. And with that said i questioned myself on what I paid the extra grand for. It would be all to easy to sell a standard HD tv as 4k to the average tv viewer.. it does beg the question of what the point is anymore. Might just take it back and get another regular one to get the money back..

Oh it's not better than 1080P without a 4k signal lol. That's the problem.

Also, I've heard that some of the satelite companies (Direct TV) have a really good signal. We've had problems with TW, although it's marginally better lately.

exactly. And with that said i questioned myself on what I paid the extra grand for. It would be all to easy to sell a standard HD tv as 4k to the average tv viewer.. it does beg the question of what the point is anymore. Might just take it back and get another regular one to get the money back..
Because... maybe you don't want ur set to be obsolete right out of the box!! lol

I guess it depends on how you receive their signal. It was very good here in SC on Time Warner Cable.

The quality of the picture to your eye may be different than mine from the same TV. The quality of sound from the most advanced audio equipment is going to be beyond my ears capability too. Bottom line for me is to be in a store where they have Many sets running and buy the one that you like the best. Guarantee everyone won't buy the same one taking away any reference to cost.

What is the story on "he gone?" I know it's a reference to guys leaving early but did someone in sports/ basketball actually say, "he gone" at some point?

Search for "He gone" on the board. It's hilarious.

I can't remember who came up with it, but me, AZ and a bunch of others have really run with it.

My inspiration for it comes at the 1:25ish mark of this video:

I am really still a bit shocked at how complete Joseph's offensive game looked Sunday.
-He hit pull up jumpers
-He finished with both hands at the rim
-He made a catch and shoot 3pter
-He looked great making his free throws
-He had a rebound short turn around put back
-He attacked in transition
-He dribbles the ball like its attached to him with either hand
-Apparently he is an emerging leader.

Its entirely possible that he is the best player on this team. We won't know that for quite a few games but if he gets it on defense, gets guys the ball where they want it and can continue to score his own as needed it will be hard to argue.

I didn't see anything with the left hand at the rim. Are you sure?

Oh it's not better than 1080P without a 4k signal lol. That's the problem.

Also, I've heard that some of the satelite companies (Direct TV) have a really good signal. We've had problems with TW, although it's marginally better lately.

We have Directv but not sure how good even their signal is. Only thing I notice a slight difference is in a couple movies we have on the PS4 my wife downloaded but even those aren't all that much better. From what I have read the difference is that you don't see any pixels within a certain distance from the TV I guess? Not a tv/screen resolution expert by any means.

Ive read there is currently little programming available for 4k at the moment, and that has more to do with any lack of difference than anything else. If you take your tv back, the dude who had the commission may hang his head and as you walk out mutter, "he gone".

I believe this is something that wore us all down as fans last season. The season just became such a grind after that Duke in the Dome game. Every team refused to run or shoot quickly at all after that game and it was already headed that way prior. It seemed like everything was hard to accomplish and took a long time those last 12 games.
It was like time slowed and went backwards, like that clock in the classroom in "Wonder Years." I don't dislike Ennis at all, but his style was murder for me. He was also fairly quiet.

I think it's so very interesting that all the hype was about Christmas and how - finally! - he was going to be a leader. And in the first half we are all thinking, "Where are you, Bright Star of Christmas?" Think of the moxie of freshman Joseph challenging this "star" and saying, "I am going to pass you the ball and you ARE going to put it in the basket." And how the first time Joseph did this, Xmax passed it back out again! And Joseph passed it right back, and he finished! That is great stuff. I am going to go watch the second half and see for myself what happened. Of course, I was actually at the game, but I normally miss 95% of what is going on.

Thank you for that interesting anecdote!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom