Kaleb Joseph | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kaleb Joseph

Hope the kid can have some success. So far has been battling injuries and finally got into his first game at CU. 2 pts and an assist in 12 mins. Took a look at their board and per some of the comments on seeing him in practice seems he hasn't really advanced his game much.

Hope the best for the kid and bummer to see he is still a ways from being the player expected.

Being a great basketball player is crazy hard. It requires insane levels of physical and mental strength. There's a lot of gravity in life to overcome for some players. I hope he eventually achieves a satisfying result with all his hard work and effort.

Thanks Boss... a lot going on and missed my error but appreciate the grammatical lesson.

Oh and I disagree. Green has looked good but Washington absolutely would have this year's offense looking different.

Green looks good? Based on what? He can't stay in front of anyone. He would be on the bench.

Had a DNP last game and hasn’t checked into the game VS Baylor currently. Game on ESPN2. He’s dressed and sitting in the middle of the bench.

I'm not going to pile on Joseph, because I think he showed a good attitude here [especially his sophomore year]. What's shocking to me is how limited he seems to be, when he was the HAND PICKED successor to Ennis by the coaching staff. We actually turned away other guys who were interested in coming here and went on to have nice careers at other programs in order to focus on Joseph. Strange.
It is strange. I was surprised Creighton, a highly respected program and coach, wanted him but they saw some tools to work with. He’s really having trouble putting it together anywhere it seems. Yeah, don’t remind me of the players we passed on for KJ...sigh.

It's often a common affliction among coaches at all levels, to look at a player and see what he might become overshadowing the reality of what he just is.

I thought he was going to be very good and an excited player to watch. Boy was I wrong.

That is exactly why we should never put all of our recruiting eggs in one basket.

Even if you get the "can't miss" kid he still sometimes still misses - see Kaleb. Sometimes the under the radar types work out well - see this year's entire class.

Of course the staff will never be perfect & they are paid to be right more often then they are wrong, but the point is, it IS always wrong not to have reasonable contingency plans and to tell good looking kids who happen to be the second choice to take a hike.

In terms of the Green recruiting the "natural" timeline for his commitment was no later than sometime last summer. Once that came and went it just didn't feel good any longer.

Having Ennis or a more seasoned guard to take the load off of his shoulders and ease him into the college game would have done wonders. He's lost all mental ability to play at this level. Granted Baylor is a top 25 team, but he's not getting any tick at all. Pressure can burst pipes or create a diamond. How the 2014-15 team won 18 games is beyond me.

That is exactly why we should never put all of our recruiting eggs in one basket.

Even if you get the "can't miss" kid he still sometimes still misses - see Kaleb. Sometimes the under the radar types work out well - see this year's entire class.

Of course the staff will never be perfect & they are paid to be right more often then they are wrong, but the point is, it IS always wrong not to have reasonable contingency plans and to tell good looking kids who happen to be the second choice to take a hike.

In terms of the Green recruiting the "natural" timeline for his commitment was no later than sometime last summer. Once that came and went it just didn't feel good any longer.

I know that no one wants to admit it, but JB did have a backup plan, and his name was Frank Howard.

He either gets DNPs or plays in garbage time when the games are in hand. It seems like he does ok in these limited cameos but he is just buried behind better guards there. This was a colossal miss by the staff, obviously.

It's often a common affliction among coaches at all levels, to look at a player and see what he might become overshadowing the reality of what he just is.
Recruiting is not all black and white. If it was then Kentucky or Duke would win the NC every season. However coaches do fall in love with certain recruits and think he might be the one that is going to help elevate his career. No different than people who get married and then divorced within four years. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

It's crazy how many different factors come into play. Coaches will blame players. Players will blame coaches. Sometimes coaches will be sold a bad bill of goods. Kids aren't mature enough or they never work hard enough to improve.

So then the coaches just over recruit. It's a lot easier and a lot less frustrating. Kids transfer and then go play for another coach. Hopefully they at least get an education.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom