Kansas fans: whiny little girls since 2003 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas fans: whiny little girls since 2003

H

HOFCeluck

One thing to pass along, Syracuse fans think the world of Boeheim, but I think he has performed less with more talent ala Rick Stansbury. He was able to get a few championships regardless of his crappy coaching though, he has that going for him.

The guy who no doubt worships Bill Self said, unironically.

You think he won that championship because of coaching? He had the best team talent-wise, that's why he won in my opinion.

I'm not going to run down the list of McDonalds All Americans who played for KU on 4/7/03. I'm sure the number is larger than one.

He won a championship because we missed eleventy billion free throws.

I won't belabor this as it's been beaten to death over the last fourteen years. But It's amazing to me how Kansas fans are cool with admitting that their players came up small in the biggest stage of their lives. I mean I couldn't care less. We still won the game.

I'm not going to run down the list of McDonalds All Americans who played for KU on 4/7/03. I'm sure the number is larger than one.

I won't belabor this as it's been beaten to death over the last fourteen years. But It's amazing to me how Kansas fans are cool with admitting that their players came up small in the biggest stage of their lives. I mean I couldn't care less. We still won the game.

And Roy Williams before Self.

Lol, so stupid. The kind of “sports fans” who at a bar or at a game, I won’t even acknowledge them or engage them in any conversation.

The “we lost because we did something poorly” thing is always the funniest. Welcome to pretty much every single game ever, for the losing team.

If we turned the ball over less, we would’ve beat Kentucky in ‘96! So there, Kentucky fans! Take THAT!

Lol, so stupid. The kind of “sports fans” who at a bar or at a game, I won’t even acknowledge them or engage them in any conversation.

The “we lost because we did something poorly” thing is always the funniest. Welcome to pretty much every single game ever, for the losing team.

If we turned the ball over less, we would’ve beat Kentucky in ‘96! So there, Kentucky fans! Take THAT!
If the three point line was adopted by college basketball one year later, we'd have beaten IU in 1987. But we didn't, just like Kansas didn't win in '03 regardless of why.

Syracuse has always good talent but we haven’t had the elite talent that Kansas has wasted.
JB only wasted one Era IMO.
The 1987-1990 teams should have a title.
Now we know why he doesn’t but only that Era has he wasted talent.

Again using the English soccer analogy Syracuse is Arsenal.
They have good talent and always compete but they are top 4 good not championship every year good.

Do me a favor HOFCeluck show this one to Kansas fans

Kansas is an example why the college basketball regular season doesn't really matter

2010-northern-iowa-kansas-ali-farokhmanesh-opqi-37047.jpg

Syracuse has always good talent but we haven’t had the elite talent that Kansas has wasted.
JB only wasted one Era IMO.
The 1987-1990 teams should have a title.
Now we know why he doesn’t but only that Era has he wasted talent.

Again to the English soccer but Syracuse is Arsenal. They have good talent and always compete but they are top 4 good not championship every year good.

Do me a favor HOFCeluck show this one to Kansas fans

Kansas is an example why the college basketball regular season doesn't really matter

Remember when they had Paul Pierce, Jacque Vaughn, Raef Lafrentz, and Scot Pollard and we had John Wallace, and we beat them to go to the final four?

That genius Jimmy B made 29% 3 point shooter Jerod Haase try to beat us and he couldn’t do it. Coaching.

Alsacs i don't troll other message boards (except uconn once in awhile) I prefer to post excerpts over here for lulz.

And Roy Williams before Self.

The funny thing is that Roy during his time at KU doesn't have a much worse record than Self at KU over a similar time period. The only difference is that Memphis missed eleventy billion free throws.

Time for them and some of us to watch the video the legend of toupee Bill again

'Kansas cracks' is my name on all my tourney brackets. I'm surrounded out here in the midwest, they are fun to hate, some of my fondest memories is beating KU while in attendance, in Kansas City (Sprint Center), Denver (McNichols Arena) and being kicked out for running on the court, etc.

The fans I know out here, hate playing us. I've heard a few times, that the one and only team they never want to see on their schedule, is Syracuse.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet that the only reason Kansas won their only national title of the past three decades (2008) is because Memphis missed an INSANE number of free throws down the stretch. They had something like a 9 point lead with 2 minutes left.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned yet that the only reason Kansas won their only national title of the past three decades (2008) is because Memphis missed an INSANE number of free throws down the stretch. They had something like a 9 point lead with 2 minutes left.
Great minds

the funny thing is they whine about missing foul shots against us but they won their title when Memphis missed free throws against them. How soon they forget.

Also, how many rebounds and 2 point buckets did they get off missed free throws? I recall it being a fair amount, maybe 3 or 4...so there's 6-8 points they made up.

I can't stand the excuse making. A game is made up of hundreds of plays, a few here or there go the other way and the other team wins. Any game within 7-8 points, fans can make excuses for losing.

Also, how many rebounds and 2 point buckets did they get off missed free throws? I recall it being a fair amount, maybe 3 or 4...so there's 6-8 points they made up.

I can't stand the excuse making. A game is made up of hundreds of plays, a few here or there go the other way and the other team wins. Any game within 7-8 points, fans can make excuses for losing.

Yep, this exactly. Accounting for offensive rebounds on FTs, which the game is designed to prevent, they probably got at least their equivalent FT percentage in terms of points per FT attempt.

Kansas has a terrific program, no question about it. That's why I love how we stuck it to them in 2003. However, don't forget the game that started it all... 1996. Most KU fans that year were highly confident until a Cuse team came by and knocked them from a final four appearance.