Kansas fires Les Miles and AD Jeff Long / hires Lance Leipold | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas fires Les Miles and AD Jeff Long / hires Lance Leipold

Good news for my good friend. His son (who I've mentioned more than once in multiple threads) committed to Army in February. He called me yesterday about Monken being in the final two. He couldn't figure out why Monken would leave Army. Army is apparently seriously considering giving Monken a life-time contract.

You’re right but the AD might want some continuity with the coaching staff. See ‘Shafer, Scott.’
that AD may want to watch the ISIS press conference before doing that.

He couldn't figure out why Monken would leave Army.
Because if Monken goes somewhere where there aren't necessary limits on player size / weight / training, he could tinker and expand upon the offense to be more than what it has to be at Army.

Because if Monken goes somewhere where there aren't necessary limits on player size / weight / training, he could tinker and expand upon the offense to be more than what it has to be at Army.

Didn't they get rid of the player size/weight restrictions for football players several years ago. Not sure what limits they have on training. According to my friend and the vids of the coaches he's received, Army is pretty typical for football schools, notwithstanding the other requirements the cadets have to go through. If anything, it's the other requirements that keep better recruits away.

Didn't they get rid of the player size/weight restrictions for football players several years ago. Not sure what limits they have on training. According to my friend and the vids of the coaches he's received, Army is pretty typical for football schools, notwithstanding the other requirements the cadets have to go through. If anything, it's the other requirements that keep better recruits away.
I mean, from what I'm heard, what's asked of Cadets in terms of their military duties makes it very hard for linemen to be 300 pounds.

I mean, from what I'm heard, what's asked of Cadets in terms of their military duties makes it very hard for linemen to be 300 pounds.

Just checked their 2020 roster, most of the lineman are around 285. Not bad, but below average D1. Better than they used to be though.

Just checked their 2020 roster, most of the lineman are around 285. Not bad, but below average D1. Better than they used to be though.
I mean, you obviously would know better than I would. I'm just repeating something Stephen Godfrey said on a podcast a couple of weeks ago.

Don't know if UB will be able to find his equal to replace him.
This story has been a footnote in the Buffalo media, way behind the NFL draft.
Therein lies the problem for UB.

wow for all the hype he was receiving that’s the job he takes... that’s hilarious