Kansas Game Thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas Game Thread...

If you are going to get your butt kicked.. better it's early and by the top team in the country than a team like our next opponent. Never say never with our beloved orange but tough sledding with Graham heating up. Need to use this game as much as a game to learn as it is one to try and win.

I’m stating the obvious. We need to make some shots. We are playing fine defense but the fact is, Kansas is pretty good!

And the high screen offense will be a problem all year if moving picks are called this closely.

I’m stating the obvious. We need to make some shots. We are playing fine defense but the fact is, Kansas is pretty good!

And the high screen offense will be a problem all year if moving picks are called this closely.

Yep, Graham has been like lights out!

Eh, you have to move the ball better, screen better, cut more, drive by guys, etc. to beat a team like this. We don’t have the kind of one on one players needed this year
The looks are there, they are giving us them and clogging the lane. We need better shooters.

Forget Kansas’s offense. It’s their defense that is killing us. We can’t get by anyone and we have no one posting up. We are just going east and west and if you drive, it will end up a charge. Their defense is terrific.
We've got guys who can get by, but our spacing isn't allowing that at all.

I mean we are losing the reason we typically lose by which is offense.
I didn’t expect to win this game.
It just disappointing to see we have no sets we can go to and get a bucket.
We should have plays on offense.
We don’t.

We went a long stretch with three of our five guys on the floor being Chukwu, Moyer and Washington. That doesn’t work on offense. And it’s only marginally better when you have Chukwu, Dolezaj and Washington out there.
Yeah, we can't score but it's not hard to figure out why. It's the players

Of course Gino quits just before the first game he would've been really valuable for us

Why are people bringing up Thorpe???

Washington has been fine. What would Thorpe be doing?

Washington has been fine in that he hasn’t screwed up.

With Howard on the bench, we need someone to get in the lane and put the ball in the hole.

Geno was struggling, but he’s a 5th year guy who averaged 15 ppg. Would anyone have been shocked if he scored 6 or 7 or something in extended run there?

Graham is the only player on Kansas that can create for himself and others. You can’t leave him open up top. Force him to put the ball on the floor and deal with our bigs when he gets in the lane. We need to get OB on the blocks. I think he’s the only player they can’t guard.

Well we just beat Maryland and they are pretty good. I don’t know why you’re being such a Debbie downer. We aren’t UConn. No reason this team can’t go 12-1 in the non conference.
Maryland had just lost to St Bonaventure and was turning the ball over 25% of the time. Not a "pretty good team.
Perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom