Kansas, K-State & Misouri to Big East? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kansas, K-State & Misouri to Big East?

I hope the BE really isn't "waiting" for Texas and Oklahoma to leave before they start the process of dealing with those 3 teams. They better be a little more proactive and not give a crap about poaching anybody.

I give providence credit for this one. They see the opportunity presented to them and I genuinely believe they are being proactive in trying to lure B12 teams.

You're right, Miami is really a beacon of stability at this point...

Of course I am right. And you, sir, have not been served well by your university for your critical thinking is severely lacking.

The wonderful thing about Miami is that no matter how low it gets it has the local recruiting to always be a few yrs away from being great. If miami were presently "a beacon of stability" the BE would not have a chance with her. Now we can buy low and benefit when she gets through these troubled times. easy stuff.

[a little surprised this needed to be explained...]

I hope the BE really isn't "waiting" for Texas and Oklahoma to leave before they start the process of dealing with those 3 teams. They better be a little more proactive and not give a crap about poaching anybody.

The BEC has been working with those teams for over a year.

I hear what you're saying, but this could be a case of "buying low". Miami will be back. They are a national brand.
Just like the last time we took them when they were down do to cheating, they rebuilt and left us at the alter...no thanks... Been there done that got the tee shirt

Just like the last time we took them when they were down do to cheating, they rebuilt and left us at the alter...no thanks... Been there done that got the tee shirt

If these "super-conferences" do indeed come to fruition, there will be nowhere for them to go. All the leagues will be solidified.

I am all for it but then some Basketball only schools will have to go don't ya think?

I could do without DePaul, Providence & Seton Hall. But is a conference allowed to kick out members, has this even happened before? Also ND needs to be all in or all out but that won't happen as long as they have there own TV contract with NBC. But don't even get me started on that.

The expansion of 3 Big 12 teams is being supported by the basketball only schools as a means to ensure the Big East stays together by giving the FBS schools a secure football league. It is a major step for the basketball onlys who finally recognize that if the football schools are not secured some will leave and that there will be major $$$ consequences for all of them. If we get the 3 Big 12 teams, the BE can go to an East/West division format. It is a viable way to save the conference. I hope the BE is being very aggressive in making it happen.

West Division
Kansas
K-State
Missouri
TCU
L'Ville
Cincy

for hoops add Marquette, DePaul, Notre Dame, S. Fl

The BEC has been working with those teams for over a year.

Let's hope so because during the last round of expansion talk the word was that those 3 teams approached the BE about potentially joining. I'm just hoping the BE is being as proactive as possible, leave no stone unturned. Last year we were talking about UCF, ECU, Houston, and others of the same caliber. Compared to those discussions; Kansas, Kansas state, and Miss are huge upgrades over the likes of UCF, etc.

Would Kansas, KSU and whoever else want to come to the Big East if there was a chance SU, WV, Pitt and/or UConn leave for the ACC or Big 10? I'd have to think there would have to be assurances that they stay.

Would Kansas, KSU and whoever else want to come to the Big East if there was a chance SU, WV, Pitt and/or UConn leave for the ACC or Big 10? I'd have to think there would have to be assurances that they stay.
Like the assurances Oaklahoma, Oaklahoma State & Texas A&M gave?

Why not poach the entire remaining Big 12 teams and create our own 16 team "superconference"?

Like the assurances Oaklahoma, Oaklahoma State & Texas A&M gave?

That's exactly my point, I'm thinking they are gun shy right now and the ACC may be a little more stable.

The ACC ain't calling.

Are you sure 96 and I hope you're right. I'd like to think the BE has the upper hand in this but the ACC has to have some plan ready to go.

Miami has shown it belongs in the SEC, along with FSU. Vanderbilt should get out of the SEC, just on moral objections.

Two ten team divisions playing home and homes. It would make the regular season better. Top 16 make the post season with two 8 team regionals to determine the 8 teams that get to NYC.

Yeah I could dig that...

Nobody is leaving the ACC for the BE unless the ACC gets raided by the SEC or Big10 first. And it's much more likely to be 2-6 BE teams joining the ACC than the other way around.
I agree, yet the original post stated that the article discussed the ACC getting poached. Although I doubt it would ever happen it would be fun for BBall but murder for Fball. I think if anything happens I would prefer to get BC back in the mix (perfect fit) and then a group of teams added to the south so that we could split the confrence North South and TCU SFU have a regional teams to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom