Kansas | Syracusefan.com

Kansas

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
I think we can officially name the Jayhawks the best candidate to screw everyone's brackets. Another double digit comeback win last night - at least their 7th in conference play. I can see them going to the final 4 and I can easily see them going out in the second round if they can't stop dodging bullets. One thing is certain - they will do the opposite of what I predict on my bracket.

They have a bigger in conference advantage than Duke does. Almost impossible to beat them at home but the refs even seem to favor them on the road. I think that's part of the reason they have had some early outs in the big tourney. When you are used to having things called your way and they aren't its going to lead to frustration. They are always good and always have talent. I can't remember the last time they weren't a protected seed.

I think we can officially name the Jayhawks the best candidate to screw everyone's brackets. Another double digit comeback win last night - at least their 7th in conference play. I can see them going to the final 4 and I can easily see them going out in the second round if they can't stop dodging bullets. One thing is certain - they will do the opposite of what I predict on my bracket.
With the Sprint Center being a regional site the Jayhawks have ZERO reason to not be in the Final Four this year.

Last edited:
With the Sprint Centet being a regional site the Jayhawks have ZERP reason to not be in the Final Four this year.

Good point. I live here and forgot we had the regional at Allen Fieldhouse East.

With the Sprint Centet being a regional site the Jayhawks have ZERP reason to not be in the Final Four this year.
And if you go to the Sprint Center, they'll all tell you it's NOT a home game for them. I mean I get it's not Phog, but whatever. That just added to my intense hatred. At first I thought they were just trolling me because I had SU gear on, but nah.

And if you go to the Sprint Center, they'll all tell you it's NOT a home game for them. I mean I get it's not Phog, but whatever. That just added to my intense hatred. At first I thought they were just trolling me because I had SU gear on, but nah.

Exactly - but we crossed the state line! It's pretty much if Utica just happened to be across the state line and we had a game there.

With the Sprint Center being a regional site the Jayhawks have ZERO reason to not be in the Final Four this year.

They'll get beat by some 8 seed in a tough conference like Virginia Tech.

They have a bigger in conference advantage than Duke does. Almost impossible to beat them at home but the refs even seem to favor them on the road. I think that's part of the reason they have had some early outs in the big tourney. When you are used to having things called your way and they aren't its going to lead to frustration. They are always good and always have talent. I can't remember the last time they weren't a protected seed.

It's true. I've noticed it mostly at home for them. The calls they get are insano. I remember the refs absolutely pulling their butts out of the fire against Cornell (I think it was) at Phog Allen a few years ago. Those refs would absolutely not let Kansas lose that game.

ive said this before, kansas gets more favorable calls from the refs than any team, including duke. its so annoying. cant stand that team.

13 straight regular season Big 12 titles, how is that possible?

Bill Self has more conference titles (13) than home losses (10).

Scott Drew has 10 losses at Allen Field House same number as Bill Self.

You would think that with that kind of in league dominance KU would have won a National Championship during that period, or made it to more than one title game. The Big 12 isn't chopped liver, or maybe it is?

Lol yes... just like a regional in Greensboro isn't a home game for UNC or Duke according to their fans.

Were these the same folks who said that SU/KU game out there in 2008 wasn't a home game for them when they had 95% of the fans and their band and students?

13 straight regular season Big 12 titles, how is that possible?

Bill Self has more conference titles (13) than home losses (10).

Scott Drew has 10 losses at Allen Field House same number as Bill Self.

You would think that with that kind of in league dominance KU would have won a National Championship during that period, or made it to more than one title game. The Big 12 isn't chopped liver, or maybe it is?

Big 12 has a couple of rotating contenders but no true rival for Kansas. Duke always has UNC. It's quite telling for me that WVU was a middle of the pack Big East team and goes to the Big 12 and is in the top 3.

Were these the same folks who said that SU/KU game out there in 2008 wasn't a home game for them when they had 95% of the fans and their band and students?
Yes, that's exactly what game I'm talking about. When we won the CBE Classic.

Why would anyone from Kansas ever troll anyone from Syracuse?

Yeah if people think Duke gets a lot of calls at home, Kansas is brutal. They get everything their way at home. Their comeback win against WVU earlier in the year was impressive but I'd say that the refs gave them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of calls. Kansas is not winning it all this year.

Why would anyone from Kansas ever troll anyone from Syracuse?
I kinda said that in as nice a way as I could to one particular fan pregaming at the bar across the street, who was blasting our 2-3, then the conversation got fun.

Big 12 has a couple of rotating contenders but no true rival for Kansas. Duke always has UNC. It's quite telling for me that WVU was a middle of the pack Big East team and goes to the Big 12 and is in the top 3.

Not true.

West Virginia records
Last 5 years of Big East = 54-36 (.600)
First 5 years of Big 12 = 50/39 (.562)

Average Standing
Last 5 years of Big East (5.6/16)
First 5 years of Big Twelve (5.2/10)

Peak Record
Big East 13-5
Big 12 13-5

Peak Standing
Big East - 2
Big 12 - 2

Worst Record
Big East : 9-9
Big Twelve: 6-12

Last edited:

It was only 9 years ago.

leade.jpg

Is the Big 12 tourney in Kansas City like it almost always is? Basically a home court for KU?

You are correct sir. 2017-2020 in KC actually.

It remains though, that it is very hard to really take any conference seriously when a single team can win it 13 times in a row. I don't care what any numbers say, that smacks of a mid major type conference dominated by an outlier program. Even Gonzaga hasn't won their conference with that level of regularity. I know that other good teams have come out of the Big 12 but there is something seriously askew when a team can put together a streak like that. And we know the answer isn't that KU has been the single most dominant program of the last 13 years nationally, because they haven't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom