KC sports radio host taken off air indefinitely following comments on Reid’s family | Syracusefan.com

KC sports radio host taken off air indefinitely following comments on Reid’s family

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
Kevin Kietzman is the #1 rated sports radio host here in KC. I consider him a total blowhard who can never admit when he is wrong, but I try to objectively evaluate things. He was taken off the air today based on some comments he made earlier this week referencing Andy Reid and his family's personal situation. In this article, you can listen to what he said on the air in the youtube link, read some of the backlash and then read his apology today, which I personally didn't think much of because it seemed to blame people for misinterpreting his comments.

My cousin died of addiction issues so I may be a little sensitive to this issue. But personally I feel it was a cheap shot from Kevin that went somewhere that he didn't need to go. I know I'm not the only person on the board who has experience with friends or family members with this issue so curious what others think?

WHB’s Kevin Kietzman taken off air indefinitely following comments on Reid’s family

Kevin Kietzman is the #1 rated sports radio host here in KC. I consider him a total blowhard who can never admit when he is wrong, but I try to objectively evaluate things. He was taken off the air today based on some comments he made earlier this week referencing Andy Reid and his family's personal situation. In this article, you can listen to what he said on the air in the youtube link, read some of the backlash and then read his apology today, which I personally didn't think much of because it seemed to blame people for misinterpreting his comments.

My cousin died of addiction issues so I may be a little sensitive to this issue. But personally I feel it was a cheap shot from Kevin that went somewhere that he didn't need to go. I know I'm not the only person on the board who has experience with friends or family members with this issue so curious what others think?

WHB’s Kevin Kietzman taken off air indefinitely following comments on Reid’s family
Agree with you 100%. Cheap shot. I think he should be allowed to have a chance to make amends via his platform as he could take a bad situation and make some good come from it. Unless he is a total unredeemable (choose your expletive of choice), then kick him to the curb.

Reid family is off limits. I can't stand Reid but dont mess with the guys family and addiction is nothing to joke about.

Reid family is off limits. I can't stand Reid but dont mess with the guys family and addiction is nothing to joke about.

It wasn’t a joke...the idiot was seriously trying to draw some ridiculous correlation between Reid’s sons suicide and horrible human being Tyreke Hills inability to reform .