Keenan Hale | Syracusefan.com

Keenan Hale

orangemass

All American
Did he fall off the edge of the earth?

Staff seemed high on him at one point but has seemed to have disappeared...

What gives?

I read that he was very inconsistent in practice. Hopefully he gets it together. He has good size and a ton of speed.

In 2011, he redshirted.

In 2012 as a RF, he wasn't going to play with Lemon, Sales, West, Kobena and Clark ahead of him. It's not surprising he didn't play.

There is a stockpile of talent at WR so do not be entirely concerned if he doesn't make the 2-deep this year either:

West
QF
Kobena
Clark
Foster
Lewis
Cornelius
Flemming
Hale
Cooper
Estime
Winfield

It is awesome the depth we have there. Expect one of the frosh to move.

Was never planning on him seeing the field until 2013 anyway. With Funderburke in the mix now he will be pushed further down the pecking order unless he steps up. However, if our new OC plans on running 4 and 5 wr sets then we'll get to see him in action a fair amount next year I would guess.

WR will be one of the most interesting positions to keep an eye on. Wide open in my opinion but you have to figure the top 4 are Funderburke, West, Kobena and Clark. However, in my opinion WR is a position where ability can outweigh experience. I expect we'll see Cornelius step up and possibly Lewis. It would not shock me for a true freshman to get involved especially as a KR. Kobena's got nice straight ahead speed but I'd love to see better returners.

In 2011, he redshirted.

In 2012 as a RF, he wasn't going to play with Lemon, Sales, West, Kobena and Clark ahead of him. It's not surprising he didn't play.

There is a stockpile of talent at WR so do not be entirely concerned if he doesn't make the 2-deep this year either:

West
QF
Kobena
Clark
Foster
Lewis
Cornelius
Flemming
Hale
Cooper
Estime
Winfield

I expect Lewis to move

Who was looking really good until he was injured in spring or summer. Was it Flemming?

In 2011, he redshirted.

West
QF
Kobena
Clark
Foster
Lewis
Cornelius
Flemming
Hale
Cooper
Estime
Winfield

And LOTS more speed...

WR will be one of the most interesting positions to keep an eye on. Wide open in my opinion but you have to figure the top 4 are Funderburke, West, Kobena and Clark. However, in my opinion WR is a position where ability can outweigh experience. I expect we'll see Cornelius step up and possibly Lewis. It would not shock me for a true freshman to get involved especially as a KR. Kobena's got nice straight ahead speed but I'd love to see better returners.
Seems everyone forgets about Foster. I think he'll play this year and be in the top 4 or 5 guys. Will only be a Soph eligibility wise.

Could see a younger guy moving to safety but who? I realy like Lewis's ball skills as a receiver. Can Cornelius play safety? Seems like he has good size and speed for it.

Doubt Flemming gets much run this year except specials. I doubt he can be much better than some younger guys so why play him. I think he ran out of time.

I expect Lewis to move

And I do not expect him to move. He was incredible last year in summer camp. I think he lacks secondary speed.

Wide open is right. Our possession receivers (Sales and Lemon) are gone ... along with their amazing route-running talents. And we (still) lack a WR that can stretch the field and make downfield plays.
Kobena can run, but doesn't seem to be able to separate AND catch the rock. Funderburke might step into that role, or someone unexpected. With all those guys in line ... gotta be a couple of burners that can bust out of the group and keep defenses honest.

Seems everyone forgets about Foster. I think he'll play this year and be in the top 4 or 5 guys. Will only be a Soph eligibility wise.

Could see a younger guy moving to safety but who? I realy like Lewis's ball skills as a receiver. Can Cornelius play safety? Seems like he has good size and speed for it.
I would be very surprised if Foster wasn't in the top 3. I doubt you'll see very much of Clark or Kobena except on ST's.

I would be very surprised if Foster wasn't in the top 3. I doubt you'll see very much of Clark or Kobena except on ST's.

Funderburk at X, West at W (slot) and Foster at Z is how I see the starters shaking out.

Somewhat agree on Kobena and Clark. They bring pretty much the same skill-set to the table, don't imagine we will see them on the field together much. I think Clark needs to really change his body in the off-season to be a contributor next season.

I think people are underestimating Kobena. He made some nice plays when healthy. Kobena was a running back in high school, this is the year he should start to feel comfortable playing wide receiver.

I think people are underestimating Kobena. He made some nice plays when healthy. Kobena was a running back in high school, this is the year he should start to feel comfortable playing wide receiver.
Yeah, he's one of our most exciting players.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, he's one of our most exciting players.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
I love his speed. Haven't seen enough of him to evaluate his route running. I've heard he is a great down field blocker. But none of that matters if you can't catch the ball consistently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom