Keita and Cooney, two guys where the moment | Syracusefan.com

Keita and Cooney, two guys where the moment

GoSU96

Living Legend
wasn't to big for them. Stepped up and had their biggest games in the bright lights and most pressure. Keita in particular owned it. If you're looking for the team leader, there's the guy who took the role last night from what I could see.

Guys who went in the opposite direction, MCW and CJ. I understand they had the ball in their hands more and more is expected and CJ was going against Porter, but....

This might be the best Georgetown team I've seen since the 80's. Two of our best players had bad games, especially at the end. And we still won! Amazing.

This is already one of my favorite wins over Georgetown, for its historic importance and for JB bragging rights. I loved his comments about JT II. This was a great TEAM victory where our bench players stepped up and won an important game, for the current and past players, for all fans of Syracuse, and especially for JB & the program. Games like this and fans like SU's are what get SU mentioned in any discussion of elite programs. This one was big.

What kills me is BMK gets it and Rak doesn't, just simply mind boggling. Not sure what he was thinking coming out shooting in the 2nd half then another dumb foul. I knew it was the beginning of the end for him. Someone needs to kick in the nads or something to get the light bulb to come on.

Was so happy for Keita and Cooney, especially Cooney who has had such a rough shooting year compared to everyones expectations coming in.

If Keita had better hands, he could have scored 20. So many times MCW or Triche got him the ball on pick and rolls. But he either bobbles the ball or takes too long to gather himself. But the kid is all hustle and deserved the PT last night.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Keita was great. But I wasn't all that surprised by him. He was due to have that kind of game, considering the effort he puts out.

Cooley on the other hand, was pure joy to watch. I don't think that kid has had anything to smile about all season. But he sure had his moment last night. As the game ended, and the camera followed the team down the tunnel, you could see Hop pull Cooney in and say something to him. My guess is he was telling him, "This is what you career will be. Get used to it."

Fair had a tough night, but we probably won't see that from him again this year, Porter was all over him (hell, for all we know it affected Porters offense as well; he was chasing CJ everywhere)

MCW was fine for the most part. Again he had a few What moments, including the shot to end regulation, but I was ok with him overall.

Rak was the only player who played badly.

BMK has really come on in NYC. If him and Trevor keep this up, we're that much more dangerous in March.

What kills me is BMK gets it and Rak doesn't, just simply mind boggling. Not sure what he was thinking coming out shooting in the 2nd half then another dumb foul. I knew it was the beginning of the end for him. Someone needs to kick in the nads or something to get the light bulb to come on.

There are 2 big differences between Rak and BMK...talent and desire. Rak has more talent but BMK crushes him in desire. Its all about the heart and BMK is playing like a giant Rudy Ruettiger.

There are 2 big differences between Rak and BMK...talent and desire. Rak has more talent but BMK crushes him in desire. Its all about the heart and BMK is playing like a giant Rudy Ruettiger.

I get why people think this about Rak, I really do.

For me, rak's play has more to do with not being a natural or an instinctual basketball player, combined with unrealistic expectations for his performance. He is an elite run/jump athlete who did not put up big numbers even in HS (I think he avg less than 13 pts/game). He does not have anywhere elite basketball skills.; might not even be "average."

BMK is not a natural player, either. But, he never stops hustling and he has never had the expectations of producing on O. So, any time he does produce...Rak sucks.

Keita in particular owned it. If you're looking for the team leader, there's the guy who took the role last night from what I could see.
Yea, I saw that too. Aside from his contributions that showed up in the box score, he was encouraging his teammates, huddling them up at critical moments, and otherwise taking charge on the floor. He's not the most gifted player, but his intensity and hustle must inspire his teammates. He has given 100% all season long and I couldn't be happier to see him shine in big games. Not to mention bailing-out CTO from an over-zealous usher.

Typical play: late in the game we have a fast break where MCW(?) drives to the hoop but misses. Keita, who has played a lot of minutes banging underneath with the GT thugs, had hustled the length of the court, snagged the rebound, and scores on a put-back.

Baye has flaws but has a game ever ended with you thinking I wish BMK had played harder tonight? I can't not cheer for a kid who plays his butt off every single game.

Kieta needs to stop making himself small with the ball...but man he stepped up on the line.

I get why people think this about Rak, I really do.

For me, rak's play has more to do with not being a natural or an instinctual basketball player, combined with unrealistic expectations for his performance. He is an elite run/jump athlete who did not put up big numbers even in HS (I think he avg less than 13 pts/game). He does not have anywhere elite basketball skills.; might not even be "average."

BMK is not a natural player, either. But, he never stops hustling and he has never had the expectations of producing on O. So, any time he does produce...Rak sucks.
Good post. Reading that article Rak and his upbringing, it's not even clear if he loves the game. He shows less emotion than anyone else on our team (although I have noticed that he's showing more lately). I've never seen a player get called for so many non-shooting fouls. Too much of an athlete, not enough of a player. Yet.

wasn't to big for them. Stepped up and had their biggest games in the bright lights and most pressure. Keita in particular owned it. If you're looking for the team leader, there's the guy who took the role last night from what I could see.

Guys who went in the opposite direction, MCW and CJ. I understand they had the ball in their hands more and more is expected and CJ was going against Porter, but....

In defense of Fair, who spent some time defending "the greatest BEC player of all time", the GBECPOAT went 4-13.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom