Kelly to Philly | Syracusefan.com

Kelly to Philly

goodroc

Starter
Picking up twitter steam. W browns 2 interview. I think this might be over by morning. And with not a good outcome.

yep, looks like he's gone. Good luck Doug, thanks for everything you've done.

Keeping fingers crossed we can hold on to Allen.

Yeah ... no matter what at sounds like Marrone is sloppy seconds behind Kelly for at least 2 teams ... which means he's sure to get an offer.

yep, looks like he's gone. Good luck Doug, thanks for everything you've done.

Keeping fingers crossed we can hold on to Allen.

allen already signed. he would have to transfer to go anywhere.

he cannot officially sign until feb, even though enrolled

Yes it sounds like Kelly to Eagles and Marrone to the Browns.

I wish I could be as magnanimous as others but I can't.

I will look forward to rooting for the next SU HC and will have no interest in the former coach. Sorry that's just the way I feel.

he cannot officially sign until feb, even though enrolled

but he already signed the papers. which i could only assume gives the power to syracuse.

I know how dare he take a promotion when his alma mater would not give him the tools to succeed
I could care less about him and the "dream job" smokeshow. I care about our program. I care about how close we were to making the turn. After years and years of mediocrity, we were on the cusp. Only to have him walk away just as it was about to happen

So yeah... him

Edit: And don't give me this bull about how it was all about donors and facilities. Doug had wandering eyes. He never intended on this being a long term stop

but he already signed the papers. which i could only assume gives the power to syracuse.

Bet he signed scholarship papers which only bounds the school.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I doubt he goes anywhere else at this late date.

First of all...Nolan wrote that article.

Secondly, it's my understanding that HS players can not sign LOI until February. The other way a HS player can become officially "committed" to a school is by attending his first class in January.

ZA set-up a "signing" event at his HS to thank all of his supporters. Someone on this forum mentioned that he signed the written offer letter he received from SU.

Yes it sounds like Kelly to Eagles and Marrone to the Browns.

I wish I could be as magnanimous as others but I can't.

I will look forward to rooting for the next SU HC and will have no interest in the former coach. Sorry that's just the way I feel.
And here I expected a "Congratulations, Coach Marrone" thread after his first preseason victory over the Detroit Lions. You are slipping.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist) ;)

Personally, just my opinion, based on the fact that the Browns seem to have him as second choice if they do not get Kelly, and he is still rumored to be interviewing with SD and possibly Bears, I would be surprised if he is not offered. The buzz and momentum seems to be building, than it is down to are we doing something to try and keep him I say he is gone Monday

If there's an opening he's interviewing for it. He's interviewing everywhere.
Returning to SU is only slightly more appealing to Doug than working at Dunkin Donuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom