Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

This is a bit of a fluid environment as well. For example the PG from Colgate suddenly frees up, maybe that creates a quick pivot. (Not saying that happened , just using to illustrate).

I don't know that he is dying to come here. I also don't believe it is because of NIL. At least at this point.
Have to think a guy like Evans can get 30-35 minutes at Louisville or Ole Miss. Not sure that happens here with the guards we have in the fold so it is a bit concerning we might not be able to get someone who moves the needle much.

I don't know that he is dying to come here. I also don't believe it is because of NIL. At least at this point.

I don't know that he is dying to come here. I also don't believe it is because of NIL. At least at this poin

Gotta ask, Dasher. Are you at all optimistic that SU will be able to add a couple of players who will actually be quality performers rather than mere window-dressing that will allow program apologists to say, "Well, at least we tried..."??

I certainly hope that getting Carlos in the portal isn't working against us in bringing in a guy like Evans to play (mostly) at PG. Otherwise, I would think that we would be an attractive option (unless a player can get dook or kentucky like $). Aside from being a solid brand, the position is wide open, we have a very good big that a PG can dish off to, an elite 3pt shooter (Bell), and a highly regarded PF who should be very active and easy to feed as well.

Last edited:
Gotta ask, Dasher. Are you at all optimistic that SU will be able to add a couple of players who will actually be quality performers rather than mere window-dressing that will allow program apologists to say, "Well, at least we tried..."??
A curious way to go looking for information

We're losing guys who wouldn't be on Duke's second unit to Georgia.

I like Evans Jr. more than Leffew, and it's not over until the fat lady sings...

That said, I'd be lying if I said I was not concerned over the slots we still need to fill and the window closing approaching the final hours...

Hopefully Red is going to start pulling rabbits from hats.

I don't know, but a 6-5 guard, conference POY with those scoring numbers who has been in the portal since mid March... Maybe it's just me, but something seems a little "different" about his recruitment.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I was not concerned over the slots we still need to fill and the window closing approaching the final hours...
For clarity to anyone concerned with today's deadline, that's just for players to enter the portal. Commitments can happen until the start of next fall's semester. Long ways to go here.

For clarity to anyone concerned with today's deadline, that's just for players to enter the portal. Commitments can happen until the start of next fall's semester. Long ways to go here.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Hopefully Red is going to start pulling rabbits from hats.
The window is only "closing" for the players to enter the portal. Players from the portal can be added any time before the start of the fall semester.

Edit: Sorry 5OutFred - I was typing as you were posting. Great post, BTW

The window is only "closing" for the players to enter the portal. Players from the portal can be added any time before the start of the fall semester.

Edit: Sorry 5OutFred - I was typing as you were posting. Great post, BTW

Plus there is no deadline for grad txfrs I believe

Players, for the most part, go closer to home when they enter the portal. Everyone of our portals last year came back to the east (JJ, Chance, McLeod and Cuffe.) Picking up someone like Evans doesn’t fit the bill. Of course there are exceptions, but usually it seems to happen. Lampkin is an exception, but Davis and Carlos are both east coast kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom