Ken Frazier, CEO of Merck, will head PSU investigation committee | Syracusefan.com

Ken Frazier, CEO of Merck, will head PSU investigation committee

Brilliant choice. Impressive person. Tough-minded. He is an excellent lawyer; handled lots of difficult issues for Merck.

Agree, this guy got his bachelor's at PSU.

And he currently sits on the Board of Trustees. Hmmm he'll be completely disinterested...great choice. Wonder if they've already written the section of the report that completely exonerates the BOT of any failure of oversight or response?

Might be a good choice for a restructuring committee or something, but I would think the investigation should be led by someone completely disassociated with PSU, Pennsylvania, and college athletics

Maybe he has easy access to sodium pentothal.

How can you have an insider or anyone even remotely associated run this investigation?

A CEO for a big pharma company - yeah, those places never have any scandals/cover-ups. Was he with Merck when they tried to hide the risk of heart attacks from Vioxx or whatever that was? Penn State is certain to get to the truth now...

I met this guy several times in the early 90's. Impressive as he is the question is what good is PS setting up there own committee. Its in the hands of the law now.

Not only was he with Merck , he headed their legal effort and devised the defense strategy in all of those Vioxx lawsuits. He's credited with saving Merck lots of money in those court cases.

Not something that scores points with me, but he does have experience with cover ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom