Kendall Moore to transfer to Texas | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Kendall Moore to transfer to Texas

What the heck is he going to do at Texas for Herman that he wouldn't have had a chance to do at Syracuse?
Good luck to him.

Interesting to see two of our transfers go to West Virginia and Texas

He's big and probably a good kid. However he didn't buy into being an OT and stunted his own development, and 2 he's not a open space player with not great hands. Not knocking him just saying what the situation was with him at Cuse.

I never thought he was used or developed correctly. He could've been a true TE, effective in the run game as well as a decent receiving threat.

Best of luck, I hope he gets some burn for Texas.
Im on the opposite of this Fin. I never thought he looked natural at TE. He's a okay blocker but he never looked natural as a receiver. Maybe they weren't patient enough but he didn't excel under two different staffs. Always thought he purposely didn't gain weight so he can stay at TE. He could have been a NFL OT IMO. Now I hope he tears it up at UT and make the league.

He's big and probably a good kid. However he didn't buy into being an OT and stunted his own development, and 2 he's not a open space player with not great hands. Not knocking him just saying what the situation was with him at Cuse.

True, that said, he was messed with a bit in his time at SU. TE to OT to TE. different training regimens. Are his hands that bad? Has a good frame. TE has been a position of need for years now. If UT sees something in his talents, what did we miss? Not sure its a "system" thing, like some will say. Actually kinda cool, UT is taking a transfer, but makes you wonder what coulda been...

Im on the opposite of this Fin. I never thought he looked natural at TE. He's a okay blocker but he never looked natural as a receiver. Maybe they weren't patient enough but he didn't excel under two different staffs. Always thought he purposely didn't gain weight so he can stay at TE. He could have been a NFL OT IMO. Now I hope he tears it up at UT and make the league.

Exactly my thought he didn't want to be a OT.

If the staff didn't want him, why did they apply for a hardship waiver for him?

Why not just let him be announced with the other players on Senior Day?
What school would/could take him without the waiver. Seems SU took care of him.

I agree with you, thought he purposely didn't gain weight cause he wanted to play TE. Didn't he lose like 20 lbs after he arrived as well?

What the heck is he going to do at Texas for Herman that he wouldn't have had a chance to do at Syracuse?
Good luck to him.

Interesting to see two of our transfers go to West Virginia and Texas

While others have gone to UMASS and Fordham.

I'm pretty sure Texas maxes out their roster every year beyond the 85 allowed scholarships. Anybody know if he's walking on?

I'm pretty sure Texas maxes out their roster every year beyond the 85 allowed scholarships. Anybody know if he's walking on?
he's not walking on. Texas is desperate for tight ends and one of their incoming TE recruits got busted for selling drugs in high school.

Nov022013_SU-Football-vs.-Wake-Forest_Ziniu-Chen_0160.jpg

Wish him all the luck in the world, but this whole situation goes against the grain. A cfb top 10 team if all time, fertile(top3) recruiting geography, and a player that didn't produce at Cuse. Head scratcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom