Kenpom has us 12th in the ACC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Kenpom has us 12th in the ACC

his baseline defensive efficiency for the orange is 97.2, a 5.1 point improvement over last year. based entirely on the guys who left. #additionbysubtraction

btw, last year's defensive efficiency was 102.3, nearly 10 full points higher than the 92.4 average of the previous 8 seasons. i believe that we have the personnel to get back around that average. and in the minutes when sidibe is on the floor, we'll beat that average

I've been adamant about this many times here, but never in my life... and I mean NEVER, have I seen someone as bad on D as Thompson was last year.

I've been adamant about this many times here, but never in my life... and I mean NEVER, have I seen someone as bad on D as Thompson was last year.
Gillon gave him a run for his money
and i'll further agree that lydon's defense was not good when he was playing forward. that meant we often had 4 guys on the court (gillon, thompson, white and lydon) who were not good defenders. by a wide margin, it was the worst defensive team we've had since jb went all zone, imo. if we just get it back to pomeroy's baseline it's worth at least 2 additional wins. again, imo

and i'll further agree that lydon's defense was not good when he was playing forward. that meant we often had 4 guys on the court (gillon, thompson, white and lydon) who were not good defenders. by a wide margin, it was the worst defensive team we've had since jb went all zone, imo. if we just get it back to pomeroy's baseline it's worth at least 2 additional wins. again, imo

If we could get back to a defensive baseline, it would be worth additional wins - depending on what happens on offense. Whatever White gave up on defense, he more than made up with his shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom